Damaged Ebay TT

PhilMays

I bought a TT on Ebay. It arrived today damaged through USPS. The packing was very poor and the dust cover was broken, chips off plynth, and the stylus was broken.

It was insured through the USPS. I have sent the seller an email stating that before I leave feedback we need to see how to resolve this issue. I have asked for a refund due to poor packing.

Am I being reasonable? What else could you reccomend.

Phil

You are being totally reasonable...poor packing got the package to arrive in your hands damaged...my experience with both USPS and UPS is this...USPS will deal with the SELLER as they are who got the insurance...you will need to fill out many forms, USPS will then deal with the seller and you may (actually THEY may) get a refund at some point...I am dealing with UPS (actually with the seller in mine) on a set of destroyed spekers...into week 14 with no payoff in sight...my bad experience with USPS is I just gave up jumping through there many hoops...but it was my who gave up...sure glad I paid extra for insurance...[:@][:|]

good luck with you...asking the seller to pay you is better than the route I took...my seller (in the UPS thing) is a nice guy but I haven't seen my money and it will be him that gets whatever the pay out is...

Bill