Wanted Yamaha MX10000/CX10000 amp/preamp

JCturboT

Hey guys...

Maybe you can help me out-I'm looking into maybe upgrading some of my Yamaha equiptment with late 80s early 90s vintage Yamaha seperates.What I'm looking for is either the Yamaha MX10000/CX10000 series amp and preamp produced from 1988-1990 in titanium finish with walnut endcaps.The were Yamahas centennial edition components and were quite expensive when new.The amp was Class A and weighed around 125 pounds-almost Mcintosh like with its analog power meters.

If I can't locate these I would also consider the 2000 series Yamaha components produced from 1989-1991 also in titanium finish with walnut endcaps but much less expensive.The whole line up consist of MX2000 amp/CX2000 preamp/TX2000 tuner/CDX2020 cd player.

If anyone has any leads please let me know.Thanks!

I have a MX-1 and CX-1.

But these are just black.

The amp has no meters, and its at least 90lbs or

better.

They must be the cheaper versions.

Hmmmm....I wonder if the internal circuits are the

same.

I don't even know the specs on them other than

it's a 440 watt amp with a 35 watt pre.

I'm happy with them.

THANX!cwm11.gif

Mike,

Your Yamaha MX1/CX1 was produced between 1994-1998 and was the replacement for the M85 series 1986-1988 and the MX1000u/CX1000u series 1989-1992.The earlier amps had 260 watts per channel and red led meters compared to your MX1 which was 200 watts per channel with a plain face.

Your MX1 weighed in at 52.9 pounds and the CX1 at 19.4 pounds.All this equiptment was Yamaha top of the line back when they came out and was truely the last of the true Yamaha hi-fi-especially when compared to the equiptment made after this time.

The 10.000 series (MX10000/CX10000)was Yamaha 100th anniversary models and was truely in a league of their own.Titanium finish with genuine walnut endcaps,Pure Class A,just a great amp.The only problem was their cost,thousands above the other amps mentioned so very few were sold.

Hope this has helped.

Jeff

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

%5CDiana%5CHiFi%20orig%5CYamaha%5Ccenten%5CDiana%5CHiFi%20orig%5CYamaha%5CcentenHi friend, this is Fulvio of Rome Italy. I'm the very happy owner of a whole Yamaha Centennial Limited Serie.I've also available to sell

When I was young I worked with two of the most famous HiFi Magazine in Italy and during the 1987 SIM I bought the above serie (I paid the preamp and the power amp almost 27 miolion of Italian lire!)
I'm a lover of esoteric HiFi and believe this serie is amazing, I used a lot of fabulous amps but always the Yamaha won Vs Mark Levinson Krell Threshold and so on. If there is some one interesting in the serie I have available to sell this serie without the phono preamp (the CD-CDX and the MX-10000)
Have a good day friend!
Fulvio Diana EMail: fulvio.diana@tiscali.it

• 5 months later...

I have just like brand new.

Yamaha MX2000

Yamaha CX2000

Yamaha CDX2000

I have original shipping cartons and remotes. The CDX2000 looks like the CDX10000

Its different form the CDX2020. I do not have the TX2000. Didn't have enough money to get the whole system at ones.

Your MX1 weighed in at 52.9 pounds and the CX1 at 19.4 pounds.All this equiptment was Yamaha top of the line back when they came out and was truely the last of the true Yamaha hi-fi-especially when compared to the equiptment made after this time.

Maybe you haven't seen recent Yamaha equipment. The MX-D1 power amp is pretty serious hi-fi gear.

Also, there's a new 2000 series of Yamaha components available in Europe now that's getting good reviews.

Hmm, just noticed this thread was from 2001. Time has not stood still and Yamaha is still producing good gear. So is Klipsch, for that matter.

• 10 months later...