Which Subwoofer, please help

im the man

Hi, guys im new to posting here. I have read these forums for quite some time but have never posted. Anyhow I need some advice, especially from the pro, TheEAR! Anyhow I have an SVS PB 12plus/2 and a RSW 15 Klipsch mated with it. Im gonna upgrade and get rid of the RSW 15 to mate with my SVS. Here are the ones Im choosing from: HSU vtf-3ho turbo, SVS PB 12 Ultra/2 or JL Audio Fathom F113. Price is not an object between the THREE of these that is! I just want the best one to mate with PB/2 SVS. Why would one be better than the other? Thanks guys for all your help.

Heres the rest of my system if this will help: Klipsch RF-7's, RC-7's, and RC-25 I think, the old Flagship series. pre amp outlaw 950, rotel 1095, and monster hts 5100 power conditioner, and Marantz DVD 7600, SVS PB 12/plus 2.

Welcome to the forum

The best match for a SVS sub is another SVS sub,no going around it. A Plus and an Ultra...match made in heaven as both have similar response characteristics across the operating range.

However...you know when you mention a JL Audio f113...it is simply a better quality sub,if you want more of the same an SVS will do,ad do good. If you are ready to step up in quality,the f113

knows no match in quality under 5K !

Price not a problem,you have at least to try an f113 you will like it...alot! And since funds are not scarce,get the Ultra and the f113 [:-*]

23 subs at this moment! Who said people use one or two? Modest people

11 power amps,14 pairs of speakers and three center channels and a dozen dedicated lines to power all this gear.

UNBELEIVABLE isn't it BART....................23 SUBS........almost as many as the NAVY has ......................the EAR..................

23 subs at this moment! Who said people use one or two? Modest people

11 power amps,14 pairs of speakers and three center channels and a dozen dedicated lines to power all this gear.

UNBELEIVABLE isn't it BART....................23 SUBS........almost as many as the NAVY has ......................the EAR..................

Good one OB [Y]

Welcome to the forum

The best match for a SVS sub is another SVS sub,no going around it. A Plus and an Ultra...match made in heaven as both have similar response characteristics across the operating range.

However...you know when you mention a JL Audio f113...it is simply a better quality sub,if you want more of the same an SVS will do,ad do good. If you are ready to step up in quality,the f113

knows no match in quality under 5K !

Price not a problem,you have at least to try an f113 you will like it...alot! And since funds are not scarce,get the Ultra and the f113 [:-*]

ummm remember theear, a sub from company a and a sub from company b which have the same specs will sound identical.

Jay,

Doh! In this case it is a Plus series sub compared to an Ultra.The Ultra uses a TV12 and does not sound the same as a dB12 or the newer Plus driver.Very close bot NOT the same.Same means identical in any way,you can measure,and will sound identical 100% identical. [:D]

You can possibly,not even begin to argue with the above.

This can be confirmed by SVS,by Craigsub,by many people including the all mighty sub human Ear.

Thanks guys for all the help. After reading rave reviews about the F113, especially on AV forum, I had to get it. As of today I officially have a F113 in one corner and SVS plus/2 in the other corner. Im no EAR but I feel Im finally in BASS Nirvana. I had about 30 minutes to listen to it and I LOVE it so far. I will post later with more of my thoughts on my new toy.