MN, WI, IA, ND, SD Forum Members

Or anywhere else, if you feel like making a move!

I know there are a few of us up here in Gods soon to be forgotten wasteland of a snow drift. We do weird things, like drive 1 ton trucks on frozen water to go fishing, see how far we can jump a snowmobile over a field approach without breaking any bones, and routinely let our cars run, unlocked, at public places while there is no one in them, nor around them, for 10, 15, sometimes 30 minutes at a time, just to keep them warm.

If anyone needs a break, we do.

I would like to propose a meeting of forum members somewhere around MPLS, sometime in the middle of winter. Say Jan/Feb, whatever works best. Logistics would need to be planned out, but I would think we could get a block of rooms somewhere at a discount rate, and likely a room to use for stereo display/use/listening. This is basically thinking out loud, any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I know there have been similar meetings held by forum members at other locations, I'm sure we could get input from them on what to look for, look out for, and expect out of such a meeting. Maybe a check in Friday night, out Sunday, would give us two evenings, but dependant on turn out, we might be able to get by with one night.

Just running this up the flag pole to see what replies there are. I know there isn't a tube system within 50 miles of me that I've been able to find out about, and that includes some pretty off the wall tactics for trying to locate them. There also isn't a dealer with Heritage in stock within several hundred miles of me, which to me is unacceptable for Klipsch, but they have a system, and it works for them, so be it. It appears from reading posts from others in this area there is a great interest in good systems, but very poor communication among those that have them. Hopefully we can correct some of that.

Looking forward to hearing from all you soon to be frozen folks out there. Let's make this happen!!!!

Great idea!!!

I've been thinking about doing something like this but have been tooo lazy to get it started.

Put me on the list!!!

JJ

P.S. CTBB e-mail me and maybe we can set up a tube demo either at your house or mine. I have a heavily modded ST 70, a JM Peach, and a Scott 299c that can be made available for your listening pleasure.

With in the next 5 days Walleye ice will be on. The ideal of a Jan/Feb meet works for me. Even though I don't post often, I read alot and learn. I have lived in gods country for 12 yrs now and you are correct. Have listened to alot of different stuff, all SS and no Heritage. Even though I'm running SS and tube, tax refund =all tube. The "Twins" (75 CWO's orginal owner) are calling me tubes only. There are more of us out there than we know, and that could be sweet. Count me in, if you meed help in leg work PM me.

Mike

Looks like we may have a start here! There are probably a lot more folks in the area that don't read the board every day like some of us nuts. I'll throw out some feelers around MPLS to see what is available for a block of 10 or 20(?) rooms? If we had 20 people show and shared rooms would cut costs a lot for those trying to save a buck or three. Would also need to have access to a meeting room of some sort, not for a 300 guest wedding reception, but something bigger than an office meeting room. Any ideas?

Walleye ice? I bet I could walk out there now, though I wouldn't, we had an inch the weekend before Thanksgiving, then it warmed up, was in the 50's on Wens, right now it's Tupelo. (Two Below for those of you not used to hearing such temperatures.) I'm sure there will be people out this weekend on some of the small lakes and protected bays.

I am in Plymouth, MN. - And would be interested in something like this. We could do a field trip to my place (My stuff is too big to haul anywhere) for all those that would like to see what a pair of 1.8 watt 45 SET Monoblocks can do in a pair of Khorns. Also have a pair of 2A3 Moondog SET amps. Also Have modified Khorns and replaced the midrange with Altec Multicell Horns (The biggest improvement in Audio I have made in 30 years). Don't limit yourself to the Khorn/Belle/La Scala Midrange.

Double J has been to my place a couple of times.

So...just to ask...ummmmmmm...How many of us does there need to be before Klipsch arranges for a dealer to set up some demo speakers and equipment? Twenty enthusiasts (us), a medium size meeting room, and an ad in the local paper, and next thing you know you've got a Klipsch open house for all of Minneapolis to visit. Worst that can happen is that our group has a great time. And Klipsch gets a batch of proseletyzers to schlepp equipment, serve punch, and to be generally enthusiastic, if need be.

If I come, I'd be happy to bring along some Aragon amp(s), preamp(s) and other equipment. All my Klipsch speakers are out of production (surrounds and center)

I just got off the phone with Scott Lombardi, the general manager of the Maple Grove Ultimate Electronics store. (Sounds suspiciously close to Plymouth as I recall.) [6] Hint Hint. If there's anyone in the area, you now have a contact person. They are the only "authorized" Heritage dealer in the 5 state region, but of course they have nothing in stock to listen to. *

Of course, he can't do anything without checking with superiors, but I expected that. He sounded like a decent guy, almost seemed excited that we might have 20-30 Klipsch fanatics showing up at his back door listening to various systems. He made no offers, but did say that he'd be interested in showing off some of the stuff he has to sell. Might be a helper, might not. Time will tell. Said he'd check on the forum for info and also with his peeps to see what he might be able to show, would call me maybe Monday. Seems slow for a captive audience, but so be it.

Working on motel info next.

*If I were in charge, you'd have to have one display set of every speaker in the line, barring some esoteric item such as the Jubilee, in order to retain your title of a Heritage dealer. You need not have 3 sets of every model in every finish ready for immediate delivery, but PLEASE let me go hear what I want to buy before I drop the big bucks. Honestly, I can't think of another retail outlet that sells items on word of mouth alone with no examples on site to demonstrate..

O.K. One.....

Bose

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, long time no see. Between work, life, kids and car repair, I hadn't made time to get back to this, but I have now. I have messages at 5 different hotel type places in MPLS area, all of the offices that do meeting rooms are closed for the night, but hopefully I will have some numbers tomorrow morning. I am a little aprehensive though, if we figure 90 per night, which I was quoted by one hotel downtown, and I don't know, $1,000 for a nights rental of a larger meeting room, split that $1,000 twenty ways is $50, are people going to still be interested at $200 plus expenses (gas/food/beer/whathaveyou) to get together?

Again, I have not heard anything about pricing on the meeting room, just guessing, but I also don't see it going out at $100 a night. Or maybe I'm totally wrong? I don't know, but should hear from people that have real numbers tomorrow, will update as soon as I can.

I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but if someone has an area in their home large enough to host 20 people, it would be a hoot, and also save a lot of people some money. Maybe even, with the number of people replying that are in the area, we could do two days, each one at a different place??

Just throwing out ideas. I'd like to see this whole thing come together, but I don't know that everyone would want to spend as much money as it appears it would take to do a meeting room at a motel. I'll know more tomorrow and will update.

I've heard back from one of them, the old Thunderbird Motel, now the Ramada Mistake Of America. Mall Of America, sorry. $79 for rooms, $150 for a meeting room that was like 30 x 50 from 3-6 pm on a Saturday. She's sending me email today with details. I was surprised how cheap the meeting room was. Anyone have any idea how big of a room we should be looking for?

I did call Mystic lake, but haven't heard anything yet.

JJ, you have a pm.