klipschorns and surround speakers

farwest

Keep it in the Heritage family. LaScala, Belle, Cornwall or Heresy. Space is the real issue. Heresies are nice because with a little effort you can mount them up high. You have a nice sized room, if it is a dedicated HT I would try to go a big (LS/Belle) as you can tollerate.

What are you using for your center channel between the khorns?

Welcome, farwest!

My K-Horn room is exactly the same dimension and set up as yours. The K's are on the long wall, which puts the optimal seating position about 4 feet off the back wall. I have tried LaScala's, Cornwall's and Heresy's in a 5.1 configuration. With K's on the long wall, we're too close to the back for 7.1.

I placed the rear speakers on the side walls across and slightly behind the seating area. The Heresy's worked well, but were not as good as the Cornwall's. The Cornwall's worked really well, but weren't as good as the LaScala's. The LaScala's sounded awesome, but there depth seemed to make them uncomfortably close the the listening position and reduces the number of chairs one can line up in the row.

My final solution that sounds the best (imho) from among the Heritage (hybrid) options in Bob Crites "Cornscala II". I used the Cornwall cabinet for the side/rear with the Pyle horn (discontinued) and K-55 for mid and Crites tweeters. Placing the mid and tweet on top of the Cornwall cabinet puts them above the ears and at about the same level as the K's. Now this really sounds good!!! For center, I have a Corwall on its side with the mid and tweet on top. It's not real pretty yet, but DrWho is working on a design for the ultimate Heritage center.

Do a search for "Cornscala" and you'll find several threads on the subject.

Hello Farwest,

Wow, these guys have some bucks!!!

I have KG 3.2's as my side/rear speakers on some home made table stand. I live in a rectangle set-up also. Smaller that others have. I have a split level home and one of my rears is farther away due to stairway and landing. My pre pro compensates for that however.

I have a smaller KV-3 center on a shelf below my new Sammy DLP.........

My system sounds pretty good.

I may eventually upgrade my Amp and Center, but no room or desire to change rears..........

For centers, do not overlook a Cornwall..(Older vertical one put it on the side so horns are also horizontal now.)

Your gonna need a sub for HT, even with K horns, I use the RSW 15.

And last... your real question on surrounds... hmmm Shoot me, but I love the RS-7's. I know all of the bad arguments of mixing ref with heritage but I use 4 of them with really good results. You may not like a sprayed sound.

Probably Heresies are your best bet.