K-Horns for Sale Austin Craigs List: $750

• Moderators

Well I was already to go. I called the seller at 11:30 to remind him I was ready to go, I got his voice mail. He calls me at 12:15, Buyer No. 1 showed up as promised and off they went. I thanked him for keeping me in as 2nd and following up. He said that a guy who owns a thrift shop in town was actually out there the day before and wanted to trade him some 1950's tube amps for them and he passed. I did not even know we had a thrift shop in town that had tube amps, of any variety. The seller is going to get me his information so it may not be a total miss afterall.

Cornwall, I know you are in Ausitn, I think you were going to come to the Texas Klipsch Gathering at my house last June but something came up. I was not even getting these KHorns for me, I have a pair, I was going to offer them to someone on the forum because I knew it was such a great deal. It probably would have been between you and Seti as to who was going to get them.

I was not getting my hopes up to high because "I never win anything." However, after Dtel's experience and he never won anything before I figured it was worth a try.

Travis

Well, nice try anyway Travis, & thanks for thinking of me. Although I totally love my Cornwalls, I would still like to do a side by side audition in my living room with the K horns. Someday...it will happen, but of course I wouldn't trade the opportunity to spend a few day's with my 85 year old father for all the k horns in the world.

Yes your right about about the June meeting at your house, had my heart set on it, but my job said it was not to be.It would have been my first chance to hear k horns since 1963. Also thought I would see you at Luther Wards In San Antonio a few weeks ago, did you get to hear Fred's home made Line Aray speakers? I thought they were amazing for the price.

I frequent all the thrift stores on the south side of Austin fairly often & have yet to find a single piece of tube gear. Let us know what you find & good luck to ya.

Cornman

Forget about the 'other guy'. Take truck and blankies, show up first thing in the am with $500 crisp bills in one pocket, misc $50's crumpled in other pockets. (old trick from Johnyholiday- good one Johny). Plug em in, act unimpressed, start dealing!

Good luck!

Michael

Note to self:

Do not sell to Michael. God...I would feel guilty pay only $750 if they were in good shape....but I would do it...

I guess I would have to take one for the team.