SOB.... tears are falling

33klfan

Ebay sucks... dang bidders, well, i won't be getting those chorus II's. I was outbid by $3. $700 was a lot of money. I got beaten by $703. URGGHH. I should have made it 715 and i did but i ran out of time. O well, i guess it's meant to be. Something better will show up.

Ebay sucks... dang bidders, well, i won't be getting those chorus II's. I was outbid by $3. $700 was a lot of money. I got beaten by $703. URGGHH. I should have made it 715 and i did but i ran out of time. O well, i guess it's meant to be. Something better will show up.

This is what I thought on one of my first outings, however remember that ebay just increments it up a bit at a time, so you have no way of knowing what the winner's top bid would have been, just that the increment was $3 at the time, when you ran out at $700, he won at the next increment. He may have been willing to go to $800, $850- there is no way of knowing.

Michael

The incremental increase wouldn't have been $3 at that price level. I'd say the guy's top bid was $703. Maybe he would've had time to place another higher bid, don't know.

A common eBay tactic is to bid a weird amount, to beat out the round-figure-amount bidders. Don't bid $100, bid $101.15, etc.

Thanks guys, yeah, i could tell he kept bidding higher and higher, and finally went past my 700 max bid with a few seconds left. The increment was $10. I'll know next time.

Duke i didn't get the email yet but that's only been a few seconds. I'm sure i'll get it soon.

My main disappointment is no heritage for me yet. O well. I just turned 20, so i have plenty more years of audio hunting to look forward to.

33KLF, why get worked up over this? If you bid the max you felt you could bid, and someone else still outbid you, then the next time someone has a set for sale , you might be the big pig. Unless it is a collector item that you absolutely need, EBay should be your purchase option for good deals. Save your highest dollar purchases for a local buy, read the paper and Craigslist, and you will come across an amazing deal IF you have patience.

If you don't have the patience to search Craigslist, go to www.crazedlist.org, and you can search all of Craigslist at one fell swoop, and you can set it up so a positive search will auto-email you a reminder. If you work at it, it is not hard to come across good deals. Most of the time, the great deal might be seen by twenty people who really want it, but you may be the only one with the cash, or the first one to call. Usually the first caller gets the worm, if they are polite.

E-bay sucks...............quit kidding yourselfs, either buy from HONEST forum members, or buy NEW, E-bay is a cesspool....they have done the same with cars, alot of HIGH-PRICED, over valued, clones on there, that people will pay big dollars for thinking they made a great deal.....Whatever suits your needs.................E-Bay is a JOKE I my opinion, and that opinion will never change, the more I watch this forum, the more I believe it's a joke, but whatever works for you.................don't listen to me...........I'm a mean old man, but I won't get screwed on E-Bay......................

. ....don't listen to me.........I'm a mean old man........

Well put, O.B. ..

Curmudgeon ..????

YUP............................................

Duke: Nice use of verbage and command of the lexicon of the English language[:)]

O.B.: I don't think you are quite a curmudgeon yet, but remember this observation comes from someone (me) who has been called a "scourge" in the past[6]

33klfan: Don't sweat it, just keep your eyes open, took me 3-4 times of losing out before I cut a deal on my best E-bay buy, it will be there for you when the time is right, just watch for it!

Best of luck.