New Direction

Hipgrncln

Currently running a Martin Logan system Home Theater system and am looking for a new direction. Have prev owned Klipsch Bookshelves and floorstanders but need some direction. Am thinking about going a tube monoblock 2 channel system with a pair of Klipsch speakers but do not know where to start. Any suggestions ?????

Bob J

If I could afford it I would by new Klipschorns or if I did not have good corners I would buy new La Scalas. If I was on a budget I would pick up a pair of used Klipschorns or Belles but that is just me. As far as the monoblocks are concerned I am doind some window shopping for when I am ready. The list of tube gear I am currently looking at but keep flip flopping on is the Cayin A88T, Quad II Forties and Mcintosh MC30s. If you were to ask me today I would say MC30s but last week it was the Quads and the week before that it was the Cayin. Too many amps so little money : ) I just need to fix the ratio. Good luck and happy shopping.

System will be going into a new home that is an  open concept. Space is 15 ft wide and about16 ft long but there is no wall in back as the space goes to the end of the home which is 44 ft long erg music rm then living rm then dining room. There is a ceiling extending ten or so ft covering the music rm but becomes open to the roof after that. It is a timber framed home with straw bale walls. Just do not think electrostatics can move enough air let alone have any low end. Will spend as much as needed but not all at once. Have a Anthem AVM 30 paired with a MCA 50 for juice. Where can I find pricing for speakers as I cannot find pricing on the web site. Also..... what about the reference line ????

Bob J

Buy a pair of these http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/la-scala-ii.aspx or if you have corners a pair of these http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/klipschorn.aspx .  The MC275s seem like amps http://www.audioclassics.com/query.php3?query=mc275 . I love spending other peoples money and mail them to me so I can break them in for you.

Can't comment on Reference Series..................Don't like the Heritage series? I own Heritage series, have never owned, nor heard Reference series, that's why I can't comment on them............................Seems to be a lot of Klipsch speakers for sale in your area..............Your not far out of Boston anyway..............