Oh God NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Canisdormit

I've had no sound from my speakers for a week!!!

I pulled apart the sub and got hella shocked whilst playing with it. So, I think the problem is the control pod, cause there's definately electricity getting to the amp!

My question is, if I buy a new control pod from Klipsch, and it turns out that it really is the amp that's the problem, would they let me return the control pod, and pay the difference for a new amp? Would they even ship an amp without the subwoofers?

How did you get shocked? Did you leave the thing plugged in!?

If not, how can I prevent myself from being shocked if in the future I decided to take the thing apart (given my warranty is up).

Brian

------------------

Brian

Brian@n2v.net

First off, i sure hope your 1 year warranty was up cause you just voided it... LoL! Smile.gif

If youleft it plugged in than you should thank God that your still alive.. LoL!

what was the problem with it, no power to the control pod?

Brian, if it was NOT plugged in then he must have JUST unplugged it. the little components (names please DanF Smile.gif ) can hold poewr in then. I used to have the equation to find it... it is one crazy equation... LoL! By letting it sit for a few minutes (though in one experiment it too like 32 hours to get all the pwoer out, we did this in my Algebra 2 class taught by like the smartest man in teh world, he has 4 PhD's!)

Also, getting a little device at Radio Shack will help, it keeps you from shocking yourself or the electrical whatever you are messing with, you still have to unplug it of course! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Well, since I didn't die, I'm guessing that there's not enough electricity going through it to kill me.

I wasn't even touching it when it shocked me. My skin came about 2 inches from part of one of the circuit boards, and it shocked me.

Should I buy a new amp and a new pod, and then send back the non defective part for a refund? Would Klipsch even sell me the amp by itself?

quote:

Originally posted by popeyechiken:

What the ****? 4 PhDs? LOL is he like 90 or something?

he actually has three, one in physics, one in electrical stuff (love my scientific names huh?) and another in chemistry. he started out as a chemist in a lab, then made millions designing oil things in the middle east, retired and started to teach in college (said he could not stay at home and look at his wife 24/7 without a divorce... he he he) then quit that and retired again, and again went to teaching so as not to divorce (don't get me wrong, they are very close but 24/7 with a man like him and a woman like her, she has 1 PhD, is crazy) and taught Chemistry AP, Algebra 2 AP, Physics AP, and Caculas. He is like 60+ now... a really funny guy too.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150