Whamo , Central NY ,Get Together-Utica NY

markgod

And Jay, we'll need YOUR shipping address too (you can send to me at my "junk" email at "punk at bellsouth.net" )

If you want me to wait & send to you during a school break, summer recess... tis ok by me as they're just sitting around gathering dust and they can sit for 2 days, or 2 more years for all I care.

I say that just in case you don't want a bunch of boxes sent to you while at school, just to make you carry that much more "stuff" home.

[:D]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little late responding this thread, but better late than never!!! Markgod had emailed me some time ago asking about a gathering, but i conviently ignored him as i was still in the process of moving to Buffalo & buying a house.

Mark had expressed interest in the JuicyMusic pCATs and i had suggested a Spring date, because who in their right mind would come to upstate NY in WINTER! [:^)] Oh wait...we are Klipsch nuts...never mind! I would LOVE to bring the pCATs, IF I HAD THEM!! They are still in the process of being made and i currently don't know when I'll get them, perhaps not till Feburary or March timeframe. I'll call to check the status....

At this point in time, I think any weekend would be fine. In addition to the possible pCATs, I can bring my Sony XA9000ES SA-CD player and some of my homemade interconnects.

Cheers [D]

-Dave

Larry, a K55 (of any variety as far as I know) would work just fine for me.

send me an email with how much & where to send check.

My mailing address is:

Equity Financial Group

10141 Jackson Oaks Way, Suite 102

Knxoville, TN 37922

You don't need to bother with my name or anything as all mail/packages get reviewed by me before anything else happens to them.

[:D]

Got it, just need to find a box to ship it in.Enjoy!

Larry

oh man guys, I just haven't been on since finals and such I packed up everything two days ago and just got done unpacking (there is still more though) I will pm to you probably tommarrow as I goto work at 2:30 est and come back home at 12 and have to go back to work at 5:30 the next day............... I worked at a big electronics store and the close the 25th comes the crazier it comes...........

oh man guys, I just haven't been on since finals and such I packed up everything two days ago and just got done unpacking (there is still more though) I will pm to you probably tommarrow as I goto work at 2:30 est and come back home at 12 and have to go back to work at 5:30 the next day............... I worked at a big electronics store and the close the 25th comes the crazier it comes...........

I know you are busy,but don't forget to send the info I need to ship out the tweeters.

Larry

Yep... Mark and his lovely wife Kathy came over for a few hours, and we enjoyed some 2-ch music with the Thorens, and then a few new Little Feat songs on the Denon 2900, and then finally a few 5-ch concert cuts before heading out to Chili's for some dinner.

Not sure what Mark thought about my rig because we never even talked about it. I'll let him comment when he gets back home. Regardless, he and his wife are a very nice couple, and we had a nice time chatting about everything except audio. [:D]

Sure wish I could join you guys for this get-together. It should be a whale of a good time.

Mike

coytee I must say you are one of the nicest people on the forum. I recieved the AA crossovers today and they look fine. (My dad was like what's up with the dust) i was like I don't care, a little tlc is what it needs. But anyways they look like just what I need. Anyway when is the meeting in NY?

coytee I must say you are one of the nicest people on the forum. I recieved the AA crossovers today and they look fine. (My dad was like what's up with the dust) i was like I don't care, a little tlc is what it needs. But anyways they look like just what I need. Anyway when is the meeting in NY?

Jay,

Just got home from the Florida trip, the meeting is scheduled for Saturday January 21st. In Utica NY. I have to check on the trachorns , but once I get them I will have the metal horns available ,let me know if you want them ,and if you do ,how do you want to get them.

So far this is a list of people and possible equipment at a quick going through the thread.

Those who have shown an interest in no particular order

1. markgod VRD's . Craigs blueberry pre, Onix Cd player modified by ModWright, speakers see at bottom below the post

2. Duke Spinner K2 amps , Quicksilver pre , jolida tube cd

3. tuned4life some rare Neil Young recordings

4. whamo

5. tjnif Mac MC2102 tube amp ,Mac C2200 pre

6. oldbuckster

8. speakerfritz tube CDplayer , high end CD player [offer of several other pieces of equipment]

9. ben Mcintosh MC30

10 lwhaples

11. Daed [local forum member]

Again this is just a quick list ,might have missed some people or some equipment,if I did do not take offense, but post correction. Those who are bringing equipment ,bring IC to hook up the equipment and possibly a good power strip to plug into.

If each person would like to bring music,I suggest you bring 1 favorite and we will try to play a song or two from each persons slection.

Since we have the blueberry , I do have a turn table ,not a great one but fairly decent ,don't have any lp's , if someone wants to bring some ,or even a fancy turn table.

Wanted to bring this list back up to the top ,and see if any one is definitely good for this date , Saturday January 21. Utica NY

Yep... Mark and his lovely wife Kathy came over for a few hours, and we enjoyed some 2-ch music with the Thorens, and then a few new Little Feat songs on the Denon 2900, and then finally a few 5-ch concert cuts before heading out to Chili's for some dinner.

Not sure what Mark thought about my rig because we never even talked about it. I'll let him comment when he gets back home. Regardless, he and his wife are a very nice couple, and we had a nice time chatting about everything except audio. [:D]

Sure wish I could join you guys for this get-together. It should be a whale of a good time.

Mike

Mike,

Just got home ,was tough leaving Florida ,was 82 yesterday at my friends place . Got back home around 4:00 pm ,was 31 and very light snow.Mike really nice system,great sounding, my wife is still talking about how nice a home you have,and what a nice person you are. It was a pleasure meeting you. www.littlefeat.net/ That CD was "Kicking It At The Barn"

Mike

Mike,

Just got home ,was tough leaving Florida ,was 82 yesterday at my friends place . Got back home around 4:00 pm ,was 31 and very light snow.Mike really nice system,great sounding, my wife is still talking about how nice a home you have,and what a nice person you are. It was a pleasure meeting you. www.littlefeat.net/ That CD was "Kicking It At The Barn"

Thanks, Mark! I'm glad I got to meet you and am sure it won't be the last time. [:D]

Ordered the CD from Amazon a few days ago. Should be here in a couple of days. [8-|]

Jay,

Just got home from the Florida trip, the meeting is scheduled for Saturday January 21st. In Utica NY. I have to check on the trachorns , but once I get them I will have the metal horns available ,let me know if you want them ,and if you do ,how do you want to get them.

hmmm the 21st is no good for me, school starts I believe the 16th and so I was hoping this would happen before school started. And the metal horns I guess need to be shiped. I will pay for them.