Klipsch room at Best Buy

wuzzzer

Last night after work I took advantage of the extended hours at BB and picked up a 6' interconnect for my subwoofer. While I was there I wandered over to the Klipsch sound room. Everything looked very clean and organized. There was some music playing pretty low. I hit a button on the demo display to listen to some jazz music. Turned up the volume a bit. YISH, the bass sounded terrible. I noticed on the control unit that the Sub-12 was selected, so I checked the back of the sub and sure enough. The crossover was set as high as it could possibly go, and the gain on the sub was also set as high as it could go. I put both of them at the 12 o'clock position and now everything sounded much better.

I wonder if any BB employees go around regularly and check for things like that. If I didn't know anything about audio and listened to that system the way the Sub-12 was set up I would have thought twice about buying it.

Went back tonight to look at CDs with my wife and a salesperson was demoing the Klipsch system to a guy in the sound room. We were a good 100 feet away from the room and the bass was loud and tight coming from the Sub-12. It really does put out some decent bass when its set up properly!

Its BB, its to be expected.

I've only found one "klipsch room" in a BB store, and that was in Ft. Smith Arkansas as I was passing through. Complete F3 system up and running. Sounded alright. The kicker was that the actual HT employees knew a bit about their sound products than just trying to push sales of them. Kinda hit and miss with big box stores I guess.

Last night after work I took advantage of the extended hours at BB and picked up a 6' interconnect for my subwoofer. While I was there I wandered over to the Klipsch sound room. Everything looked very clean and organized. There was some music playing pretty low. I hit a button on the demo display to listen to some jazz music. Turned up the volume a bit. YISH, the bass sounded terrible. I noticed on the control unit that the Sub-12 was selected, so I checked the back of the sub and sure enough. The crossover was set as high as it could possibly go, and the gain on the sub was also set as high as it could go. I put both of them at the 12 o'clock position and now everything sounded much better.

I wonder if any BB employees go around regularly and check for things like that. If I didn't know anything about audio and listened to that system the way the Sub-12 was set up I would have thought twice about buying it.

Went back tonight to look at CDs with my wife and a salesperson was demoing the Klipsch system to a guy in the sound room. We were a good 100 feet away from the room and the bass was loud and tight coming from the Sub-12. It really does put out some decent bass when its set up properly!

nope

Here in Bham unless you know what Klipsch sounds like you won't buy them at BB.

I needed one Heresy to hook up my HT system. I decided I would pull the pair out of my bedroom system and replace them with a small "monitor" speaker.
I wanted to get a pair of RB-5's, but that didn't work out.
I went to BB and found the Klipsch display. The display didn't work. I could only listen to floor standers, which I didn't need. I finally found someone who worked at BB, but he couldn't get the B-3's to work either. I told him it didn't matter, because the Klipsch speakers were the best he sold and did he have a pair to sell.
After waiting for 10 minutes I started looking around the floor and found a new pair of B-3's. I grabbed them, paid for them and went home.
Broke the cardinal rule of never buying a pair of speakers without listening to them. Hooked them up, powered my system up, inserted a CD and hit play.
Once again Klipsch didn't let me down. They are really a great sounding speaker. They don't go as low as the Heresy's, but they sound awesome for what I need.
95% of the time I listen to the public radio station. They play jazz at night. The system is on 24x7 and the B-3's are a very good fit. The other 5% I use my iPod and crank the system up while I take a shower down the hall. 
I'm glad BB sells Klipsch, but I wish they were proud to sell Klipsch.

Danny