Every once in a while . . .

Allan Songer

I guess today was the day. Every once in a while my wife will sit with me and listen to record after record after record. When this happens I pretty much let her make the calls as to what comes next. My only rule is that we have to listen to one side at a time--no single cuts. She only does this about 4-5 times a year and it's so cool! Today's session lasted about 4 hours . . .

We started with side two of:

290001791204.jpg

which led to side two of

130003016787.jpg

which led to side one of

4855175993.jpg

Which led to side one of

d1e2_1.JPG

which led to side one of

album2061.jpg

which led tp side one of

ccs-91058.jpg

which led to side two of

280029734470.jpg

which led to side one of

v-6021-sm.JPG

Well, I could go on and on. Billie led to Helen Merrill who led to Art Pepper who led to Sonny Rollins who led to Bill Perkins and then it was over. So much fun! I only wish this happend more than once every 3 months!!

You what Allan, I think that is great that the two of you can sit down together; and enjoy each others company and enjoy some music. My better half and I do it a little more often than that, and it kinda makes me feel good that we can share something that I really love and enjoy. Thank god for the woman I have ones like her. Surprize her with some flowers one day just for being there, you should get a hell of a reaction.

Jay