June 2007 Pilgrimage information for newbies -

Quick Questions:

Would you recommend flying in Thursday, 21 June 2007?

Is the airport far away from Klipsch Indy?

Are there any events Friday?

What hotel would everyone be nerding out at?

I think Klipsch should transport everyone around in a bus that looks like a RF series tower speaker -[;)]- kinda like the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile.

Plenty of time to pull that off by June . . . .. . . . .. . .. just kidding!

Looks like airfare is about $500.00 right now.

Thanks for any input!

-reads

Flying in Thursday should be fine. Usually there will be a "mixer" on Friday which involves music, food, music, and meeting your fellow forum members. Some people might be showing up early, and I'm sure some of the locals wouldn't mind having you over to see their home systems. Of course, leave it to me to invite you over to other people's houses [;)]

Klipsch usually reserves some rooms for us at two hotels. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but they're both very close to each other and the klipsch facilities. I'm sure more information will be provided as we get closer to the date. There is usually a group rate involved with all that too. A lot of people drive to these events, so if you can get yourself to the hotel then you should have no problems car pooling.

Hi reads

Amy gets a group rate at the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn. Both are walking distance to the Klipsch building. You wont need to rent a car, as we start connecting up in Spring, you will probably find others landing arround your time that you can split rides with.

Friday night is usually one big fun party.

Most people roll / fly into town on Friday.

Didn't Patrick (Gonzip) and his wife drive into Indy from Montana two years back? Maybe if he comes again, you guys could road trip it in!

JM

Looking at the flights, I would get in pretty late, so looks like Thursday would be the ticket for me.

My wife is from Dixon, IL -- I really do not like the 24 hour trips in the car -- I think Indy would be 30+ hours straight.

I will hold on for a while to see what develops. I have been wanting to attend for a long time now!

When I was younger, I spent all my time browsing the Klipsch offerings at "The Stereo Shop" (now defunct).

I saved every dime I had when I was younger to build my HT using 100% Klipsch products. After 10+ years, I am still enjoying them!

I just noticed -- I have been registered on this forum for 5 years as of last month -- Where does the time go?

-reads

I just noticed -- I have been registered on this forum for 5 years as of last month -- Where does the time go?

-reads

And 19 posts... Welcome to the forum... You can post more you know.. hahahahahaha

Quick Questions:

Would you recommend flying in Thursday, 21 June 2007?

Yes, if you like get in a day early, a lot of people do this.. Visit, BS, See Indy, listen to a lot of different gear etc etc..

---------------------

Is the airport far away from Klipsch Indy?

Nope 20 min...

------------------------------

Are there any events Friday?

Yes, Friday night is the official/ unofficial mixer..

-------------------------------------

What hotel would everyone be nerding out at?

Amy will have a list later.. There are discounted rates near bye. More info later.

---------------------

One of my best friends since 5th grade lives in Montana. Beautiful country views for sure!