A little help needed

tigerbait

Hello,

I've been lurking on this site for a good while and finally decided to join in on the fun. I'm in the process of upgrading my HT equipment. The primary use will be for watching movies and I'd like to get advice from any one willing to share. My current setup is:

Yamaha HTR 5660
Yamaha DVD C750 (until the 11 mo old stepped in the open tray)
Klipsch Cinema 4 series and RW8

I'm looking to upgrade and have selected

Pioneer PDP 5070
Klipsch RF 82, RC 62 RS 62's and the RSW-10d

Now the next question is what to drive it with. My choices so far are
Denon 3806 or 2807 with a matching DVD player
Yamaha RX series but i hate the slow Yamaha DVD players
And I've had a dealer ask me to look at Sony STR series

Please give me any advice you have as I've done research but would like to see if any of you have any thoughts. Thanks and geaux tigers!

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum............

It looks like you are making a big step up in the speaker department, I have a couple of the smaller Denon stereo receivers and for lower volume they work great. My Denon DVD player works fine too and some guy's around here really like their Yamaha receivers with Klipsch speakers.

Unless you have to have a receiver RIGHT NOW, I'd wait till after CES in January. I'm getting ready to upgrade my receiver and display but I really want a look at the new products first. There may be a new version of the Audyssey room correction software in some of the Pioneer, Marantz, Denon and NAD receivers. There's also the HDMI 1.3 that may or may not come out. The decision and waiting are driving me nuts, but I'll get over it. I know ther will always be "newer and better", but a couple weeks won't kill me, especially with what's about to come out.