Yamaha C6 Preamplifier

Does anyone else have the C and M series Yamaha electronics components from the 1980's? I've searched the web, and can't even find information on the YAMAHA web page or archives. Very strange!

Seeking review info........

What did you need to know?

I have a complete C/M 85 series setup from the mid-late 80's as well as a complete 2000 series Yamaha setup.I have several magazines as well as Yamaha brochure's from this period as well.

Good stuff.

Jeff

Thank Jeff, but I wasn't seeking anything specific, just how the various models differ and how these units stack up against the competition of that era. Mac', Harmon's, etc.

Information has eluded me, as I would have thought maybe Stereo Review, or some other mags would have had archived info. Based on my review, it doesn't appear on the surface, that they made a TON of these C and M series preamps/amplifiers. The S/N on the C6 is #1715, and the M-50 also has a low production number.

Yes, I love the sound of the Yamaha's for clarity and low-distortion......makes the Cornwalls' mids sing, but lacks the FULLNESS of other well-known brand names such as the McIntosh and Harmon-Kardon's. Hard to explain in words, but maybe you can relate