an upgrade to reference

bismarck

Currently, I own the Synergy B-3 system, and am very pleased with it. I am looking, though, to upgrade. Currently, as many of you know, Magnolia started to carry part of the Klipsch line. This is good for me, because I now get accommodation on the reference series and plan to buy a system. Also, I just began to get accommodation on HK receivers, so I am looking to order one of those. Do you think that this system would match well sonically, have enough power from the receiver, etc...

RF-62
RC-52
RS-42
RW-12d
Harmon AVR-245
Monster power HTS 1600 (because I get it for half and it's stackable)

or would I be better off going with the entire synergy F-3 system? from what I have looked at the reference definitely seems like the better choice.

That sounds like an excellent setup. I would definitely go with the Ref line instead of the synergy's. I also have synergy's. I am upgrading to reference when I get back to the states. (military, stationed overseas). The HK receiver should definitely do the trick for pushing the speakers, and making them sound awesome. good luck

How loud do you watch your movies? And what percentage of music/movies?

The recommended RF-62 system is:

• RF-62 Floorstanders

• RC-62 Center

• RS-52 Surrounds

• RW-12d Subwoofer

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-62-home-theater-system.aspx

Any particular reason you selected the smaller center channel and surrounds? If funds are an issue, then you might consider purchasing just the RF-62 and RC-62 and using your old Synergy for surrounds. Then when more funds are available you can upgrade to the RS-52's. I guess it'll be up to you to determine how much short term enjoyment you're willing to sacrifice for the long term.