Klipsch bashing!

Kain

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=d6e4796230b8dc4a9ca29befb7a88754&threadid=33591992

quote:

Their speakers are overpriced for what you get. To start, the speakers output mainly lows...midrange is weak and the highs are screechy and truncated. There's no depth nor warmth whatsoever in the output of the speakers...even pathetic Polk Audio speakers often come out on par or better than Klipsch home theatre speakers. Their speakers cost almost as much as B&W's low-midrange line and the B&W speakers sound exponentially better.

Someone please sign up there and reply this is #$@#($! cwm23.gif

------------------

Will be getting the following in December.

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" FD Trinitron WEGA)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (HiFi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

quote:

Originally posted by KAiN64:

Someone please sign up there and reply to this #$@#($!
cwm23.gif

------------------

Will be getting the following in December.

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" FD Trinitron WEGA)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (HiFi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

no! U kidding! There are people out there who do not like Klipsch? How surprizing. I will run and tell little miss sensitive ears right now that she is not alone - there are other people too, who do not like their music big and loud and large and as realistic as a live concert!

Forget them. You can't please all the people all the time. My big old horns please some of the people (me)some of the time and that is all that counts ...

cwm1.gif

The lowlife crowd on the forum you posted a link to is NOT worthy of my time.

I can tell you I will pit my RF-7's driven by my Celeste MOON W5 power amp and my combo will anihalate any B&W in the same price range.

For realistic volumes,and dynamics the Klipsch kills their garbage.

If they want to talk High-End then I'll pit my Dynaudios Contour series driven by my Krell against their lousy B&W and again their will eat their shoes.MUA HA HA HA

I will not lower myself to their level,these clowns use pathetic Logitech and other multimedia BS.Not in my league at all.

Oh yes the Klipsch R series eat their so called High-End any day. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Most of the multi-media systems for computers are crap. I can't beleive that some of the older companies in audio have put their name on these systems. Its probally because the average person can't tell any real difference.

I do a little bit of audio editing, some home recoding, some remote live recoding, and have done some clean up work for a local TV station. What I found out, when I first got into it, that the consumer sound cards are not up to the specs they claim. Some of the most popular brands can't handle moderate levels of high frequencies without generating audible IM distortion. I measured a well know brand card one time, and it only had a 75 db s/n - and it was rated at below 90 ! We'll known vendor was not about to replace it.

In my quest for a decent two channel audio card for serious audio work, I found a company, Lynx Studio, who fit the bill. The card is more than a lot of folks want to pay, $500. They met their specs and exceeded them. Turns out that several companies use this card for test equipment because it exceeds it specs (s/n greater than 103 db, can push +18 dbm/600 ohms, can be set for -10 for consumer equipment or +4 for pro equipment, 24 bit A/D, and digital in/out, and timing I/O, balanced or unbal analog I/O). And it sounds great.

Most of the time I monitor (on the computer/editor) via the old Koss Pro4s headphones. I have an older SAE preamp and power amp on the system (don't see much of their equipment on the used market !) . The speakers are old AR-18s bookshelf speakers. The headphones usually will find any problems and defects, but if I need a serious listen for soundstage/width, I can burn the music on a CD R/W and carry it to the living room and listen on the Cornwall's.

• Like 1