new setup

strutter

thanks. the stand took about 3 weeks to build but i've only got about $300 in it compaired to a genuine salamander synergy tripple 20 which would have ran a heafty $2,000. (got more time than money, plus i really enjoy making my own stuff).

heres the shelves i built for the rear surrounds.

post-19091-1381931839415_thumb.jpg

looks really nice. We have a Salamander twin 20 and it was expensive. I would have loved to have built it myself like you did but I dont have nearly any of the power tool sets that you probably own. Congrats though, it really does look very well done.

actually i mostly used a circular saw and a drill. i do have a table saw but only used it once for the doors. i did have to purchase a biscuit joiner for the doors. if i didn't want doors i wouldn't have needed the joiner or the table saw.

the real reason for making my own was less of a cost issue. the issues i had with salamagers products was 1. oak is not an option 2. the center bay is not wide enough for my center channel and 2. there is no option to have a black stand with a natural top.

all the wood is oak. the sides, back and shelves are stained black to match the black oak grain on the F-3's. the top is natural oak to match the rear surround shelves i made last year. the punched aluminum inset for the doors came from Lowe's. the extruded aluminum posts are from tslots and believe it or not all the hardware was ordered from salamander. here's a pic of the surround shelves

post-19091-1381931841603_thumb.jpg

Nice work.

How'd you get that smooth curved edge for the surround stands?

i used a router with a roundover bit. (borrowed from the father in law)

i wanted to do the same on the tv stand however i was having a terrible time finding solid oak in the lengths i needed that were straight. so i had to use oak plywood and use oak edge banding.