OT: #19 - One, Huge Class Act!

picky

Many of the remaining hockey greats came out last night to pay their respects for one of the greatest hockey players that ever laced-up a pair of skates: Detroit Red Wings Captain, Steve Yzerman, who saw his #19 sweater retired and then hoisted up into the rafters of Detroit's Joe Louis Arena to join such greats as Sid Abel, Gordy Howe, Terry Sawchuck, Alex Delvecchio & Ted Lindsay. The 1-1/2 hour tribute was one for hockey's greatest moments. Stevie was clearly uncomfortable with all the attention. The man is so humble that he mentioned he felt that his career achievements were being blown way out-of-proportion. The crowd booed in disagreement! He then paid his own respect to the team members, the coaches and front office for making things happen rather than himself. He also thanked the Anaheim Ducks, whom the Wings were to play last evening following the ceremonies, for their patience in making them delay the beginning of last nights game, stated the Ducks are currently the best team in both conferences and then wished them luck last night. All, very typical "Steve Yzerman"! I shall miss seeing him skate with the team, dearly. What a great example this man has set for others to follow. The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Detroit News Article HERE.

post-10177-1381931841432_thumb.jpg

Michael: You flatter me once again. [:$] Thanks.

Sure: They can either go to my website by clicking on our banner below and there is lots of information on that site. If they visit our site and click on the image of Home Theater Magazine, it will take him to the story I wrote about our theater for their magazine. Our, they can simply click HERE and get there too. One thing: There are Part 1 and Part 2 to the story and an equipment list. It's important that they read both parts. Also, the budget information shown by the magazine is a misprint! I don't even own that equipment and my budget was much higher than the one published! The link to my equipment link is correct however. Have them PM me if they'd like additional info.

post-10177-13819318433404_thumb.jpg