Blue Man Group is touring

Coytee

I have the BMG DVD and I thought it kicked ***!

Hmm... Got my choice of either seeing them in Richmond at the Coliseum (the same place I saw TSO) on March 6, or in D.C. at the Patriot Center on the 9th. Most likely go to Richmond as that is a better drive and usually not as much traffic than into D.C., but at the same time, I could take the train to D.C, and pretty much save the driving. Tickets are not on sale yet for those locations.

Cool that the bassist is that same guy from TSO and ZO2 (damn shame I missed tham at Jaxx - I was out of town that day they played there). I did get to chat with him a bit after the TSO show - pretty cool he recognized me from last year's TSO show. I wish I could remember his name (I'll have to go look it up), but he is a really cool dude. I hope ZO2 plays again at Jaxx (he said they most likely will).

My son Al and I saw them when they came to Milwaukee last fall. Was an excelent show. I hope it comes out on DVD in the future.

I won't spoil it and tell you who or what some they paid past tribute to in the Mega star tour, but it was a 70's super group and was performed 100 times better than the "I feel love" song.

For me, The BMG is too visual to just listen too. I can't just listen to them, I need to watch the DVD.

JM

• 1 year later...
Guest srobak

BMG is worth seeing once... it is different, funny, and everyone has a good time... but beyond that I wouldn't suggest it for a 2nd showing. Yet somehow they still sell out every weekend ar the Briar Street Theatre here in Chitown, despite it being the same exact routine as it was 5 years ago. Given the choice - I'd rather see Stomp for the umpteenth time compared to BMG a 2nd time. $.02

BMG is worth seeing once... it is different, funny, and everyone has a good time... but beyond that I wouldn't suggest it for a 2nd showing. Yet somehow they still sell out every weekend ar the Briar Street Theatre here in Chitown, despite it being the same exact routine as it was 5 years ago. Given the choice - I'd rather see Stomp for the umpteenth time compared to BMG a 2nd time. $.02

Amen...we saw them in New Orleans in April 07...good show, but the so-called scratch artist that was their warm-up was an abomination and hopefully they have ditched him now. If you have a good HT system you can have the heart of their concert experience at home, without the cutesy stunts, and have it on tap as desired....not worth seeing twice in person.

as far as Stomp...saw the DVD...same drumming and percussion as heard on the streets of D.C. by the Metro stops...so why bother to pay for tickets?