Weekend road trip - deliveries possible - NYC to TN - TN to NYC

Guest " "

Ahh yes, I DO believe this is the same Jim!! Good to meet ya C5vette!! I was scratching my head on that for a while (that you had my part).

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Christi, my wifes brother & his family live there. You are right, there is NO reason any sane person would want to visit there, much less live there (coming from me as a city boy). They got wiped out from Katrina. Seems they had so many false alarms over the years (when they ALWAYS loaded up the van with family items) this time, not only did they NOT load the van with anything other than the shirts on their backs, they had several adults in the van and left their other cars parked right next to the levy. They could have saved at least 3 other automobiles

Simply another typical (if I may be so insensitive) total loss situation.

If you all come through this way, you are certainly welcome to swing by. I got more land I wanna clear and can use some expert, experienced help!!

I like your fast clear method [:o]

• Moderators

Wecome to the Forum C5Vette, looks like you have been "lurking around" for quite a while. We hope to see you "around" more often.

Coytee, I forgot about your relatives living in Buras. We have become accustomed to the "total loss situation". I wish the insensitive part could become a reality for us, but it is difficult when we live so close to the Gulf Coast and New Orleans.

When Colter was in town we took him to dtel's mom's house, which was a total loss in St. Bernard. It was basically the same as the day Katrina hit. Nothing had been done on their home as my mother in law and sister in law have purchased land on "higher ground", just around the corner from us.

Anway, Michael left on Sunday, December 10, 2006 and my mother in law's home was bulldozed less than a week later.

Seems after so many "false alarms" a lot of folks did the same as your family members. Dtel's niece, a member of the forum, left with the clothes on her back and one other outfit, as did other friends and family members of ours.

Dtel would be glad to give you some tips on "fast clearing".[;)] We will let you know as we get a little closer to February if we are going to make the trip.

Mission accomplished.

It was a great weekend of Jubilee's, K-horns, and Mcintosh tube amps.

Just got back....due to rain and traffic...the drive back was 16 hrs....well not exactly...I have to stop every 2 - 3 hrs to rest my back.

Time to re-arrange the furniture again.

Details on the Jubilee's, Khorn's and the great folks, later....off to get some sleep.

post-22082-13819321127416_thumb.jpg

Glad you made it home safely. Seems you must have driven straight through? (you driving animal!)

Do those pictures imply you have ALSO hoisted your amp inside already (in which case, you ARE a certifiable nut [;)], or were those taken at Jims?)

Glad you made it home safely. Seems you must have driven straight through? (you driving animal!)

Do those pictures imply you have ALSO hoisted your amp inside already (in which case, you ARE a certifiable nut [;)], or were those taken at Jims?)

Must be a "nut" those pics wern't taken at my house. Send me or give Mike your address & I'll send your part. Jim

speakerfritz, glad you made it home safe and with the mcintosh. Do tell us you impressions with every speaker you heard.

I started a new thread about impressions with every speaker heard

speakerfritz, glad you made it home safe and with the mcintosh. Do tell us you impressions with every speaker you heard.

I started a new thread about impressions with every speaker heard