Wow.

TheKillerTomato

Picked up my two RF-82's and an RC-62, hooked them up to my Pio Elite VSX-81TXV, and I'm hearing things in previously viewed movies that I simply couldn't hear before.

My 3 year old daughter has, at least 20 times, gotten out of her seat while one of her Disney movies is playing, walked up to the RF-82's, and stuck her ear up to them and listened. Then, she'll tell me, Dadda, to go to the other speaker and listen. Even my 3 year old is amazed!

I can't wait to add 4 RS-52's when the budget allows.

Thanks to all of you for helping me with my decison in picking these speakers, this is a great forum.

Here are a few pics of the setup ...

My Setup

My Omnimount Center Channel Speaker Shelf, supporting the RC-62 ...

Omnimount

Now, how far apart should I space my RS-52's (when I get them) along the back wall in this photo? For perspective, you can make out one of the RF-82's and the edge of my TV in the bottom right of the picture. You can also see my very cheap Pioneer surround speakers, mounted approximately 10' off the floor. (those will be replaced by RS-52's as well)

The back of the living room

Looking great! I know I probably sound like a broken record with this advice, but you might like how the front speakers sound if you angle them in just slightly towards the middle of the room (called toeing them in). This usually will result in better stereo imaging and help reduce the sound bouncing off the side walls.

"Aiming - Once the speakers have been properly positioned, they should be adjusted to provide the sharpest possible image. This is accomplished by a process known as "toe-in." Your goal is to obtain the sharpest possible image by aiming the speakers at the listener, as if you were focusing binoculars on a distant object. Start with the speakers pointing straight ahead, while listening to a CD of a solo vocalist. Rotate each speaker a couple of degrees inward, toward the listening position, until the voice seems to come from a point directly between the speakers, rather than from the speakers themselves. But beware: too much toe-in will compromise the natural width of the soundstage. Try to find the best balance between image focus and soundstage width."

Posted Image

That Omnimount stand is very cool, could you send me the model number? I'd like to recommend that to some of our callers.

Could please give us a review of the Omnimount CC stand. I have the RC-62 as well. I was going to get that stand but I was concerned that weight of the speaker was more than the recommended limit of the stand. The slope of your TV looks similar to my Hitachi, so I'm sure it will work, I'm just a little leary about the weight issue.

Here is a link to the Omnimount shelf. They advise nothing over 30 lbs, but the 32 lb RC-62 feels very solid. Thanks again for all of your advice.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/OmniMount-Center-Channel-Speaker-Shelf-CCH1B-/sem/rpsm/oid/108951/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I bought mine at Ultimate Electronics for $34.99. It comes in black and plainum, like mine. There are several reviews of it on Circuit City's website. I found out about it at avsforum.com, where they typically have a thread dedicated to your TV, so you can ask specific questions regarding other's setups.

I bought mine at Ultimate Electronics for $34.99. It comes in black and plainum, like mine. There are several reviews of it on Circuit City's website. I found out about it at avsforum.com, where they typically have a thread dedicated to your TV, so you can ask specific questions regarding other's setups.

I just scored one at HH Gregg for $20.00. They are selling them for $30 and I used a $10 gift card that they mailed me for doing an on-line survey. Plus, it's local so no shipping cost.