Owen-Corning Basement Systems

DoubleJ

• 3 weeks later...

Um putting up walls is the easiest part. its all the work ahead and after

Heating ventilation, electricity, plumbing. header insulation, proper vapor barrier (what climate/temperature basements is this system made for? is it up to code in your area?). Building wall around obstructions, building around ceiling around obstructions etc.

how much acoustical insulation does this system actually have? Will a subwoofer make it rattle?

If you lack carpentry skills, you have probably never tackled any kind of renovation or basement finishing, then I would think that you should hire a contractor.

ive contracted for more than 15 years and i learnt my trade first a year in tech school the rest was hands on trial and error (school of hard knocks) if you are a mechanically inclined person with at least some knowledge, and if you are a detail oriented person i say give it a whirl, i learned carpentry, plumbing, and limited electrical.......(i can replace switches ,lights, outlets, run new outlets, and lights and switches, and i can replace breakers and wire a new box if necessary) all this by trial and error or simply watching others and then not being afraid to get my hands dirty................its not rocket science, its carpentry.......................

Joe

Thanks for all the great input.

Even though I may not have the expertise, I do have a lot of markers out there to get the job done for material cost only.

I just happend to catch the infomercial late one night and thought the idea was good, but as mentioned by others, the materials used may not be of great quality.

But I did buy the "Pasta Cooker Thingy" that was on after it.[;)]

JJ