Random thoughts on secondary Home Theater...

SilverSport

I recently bought a new TV and will be moving the old one to upstairs, my Home Theater is downstairs...to get better sound, I hooked up an older Stereo receiver and currently have Klipsch RB-5s I am holding for my sister voicing this...if I want "better" sound for this secondary home theater and since after buying Dean's single Heresy (I anticipate that my Home Theater will now be 5 Heresys) I will probably move the Quartet-Academy-Quartet to this upstairs Home Theater...How can I hook up the center to the Mains...back channels become the center??? (on a Stereo receiver with 4 speaker capability)

Do I need a multichannel receiver?

Just keep it as is with "stereo"?

I would like to have as little impact to my wallet as I keep spinning out of control (don't we all) and everything I seem to buy requires I then buy 5 more things to "complete" that...

I may be looking for an Outlaw 1050 or 1070 used if they are really nice unless you all have some suggestions...I am not really interested (at this time) at having rear surrounds but Mains, a Center and possibly later a Sub might be nice...

I hate this hobby...[:P][;)]

You thoughts and experiences are always appreciated!

Bill

I'm sorry for not being to clear in what I wanted...I already have an Outlaw Home Theater...on my second system, I am thinking about getting better sound than the TV alone provides...currently using Klipsch speakers and a Stereo receiver...if I want more, I will need the multichannel ability...wondering what options are out there or should I just stick with 2 channel, Stereo movies watching on the second channel...also if there was some way to incorporate a center channel in there...if I stay 2 channel...well, I don't think I explained it any better than before...it was random thoughts...[;)]

Bill

I hate to admit it but I did think of it...for the GF...no...at my house I just have a second TV set up for the first time...so watching TV upstairs I am spoiled by the nice HT downstairs...I remembered using a stereo receiver prior to the HT nonsense and gave it a whirl...not bad but of course, no Sub or Center, just what Sony delivered with the added bonus of Klipsch RB-5s (for right now) and later, possibly Quartets...

Best bet would be SOME kind of multichannel receiver or something used...I was hoping to simplify so I didn't want to buy another PrePro, amp, ICs, DVD, etcetera ad nauseum...

I'll work it out...thanks for chimin' in at least...[Y]

Bill

B&K makes a powerful 5 channel receiver if you go that way. I am happy with a couple rf-7's, amp and sub without going multi-channel. Some think I should go multi-channel but it now sounds so good with just two mains and a sub..........maybe a center someday.....maybe. The imaging is great with just two.