Oiled Oak Heresy II's with Cane Grills

arfandbark

That is the only weak spot, and this is just my view, the Bass response. I find it to be a tad weak, but I use SS equipment, I really up to this point, think you need to run a sub with them to get the best bottom end................Maybe with big SS power, 150 watts on up, you wouldn't need a sub............and I have a feeling with TUBES you might not need a sub..........but really, that's the only thing I can find wrong with the Heresy, bottom end, yet, many on here will tell the bottom is fine without a sub.........depends on what type of Bass sound you want. Also remember, the Mach 1 was suppose to be a Bass Thumper when designed......but, lacked clarity, and definition on the high end............ARF, enjoy your Heresy's, the longer you own them, the more you'll like them................position is everything with them.........took me many months to get it right, but I think I got her now..........untill next week...................EH !!!!!!........................ENJOY

ARF, I deleted all the pics of the HOO II's at 3:30 this morning. BTW, I'll get the old Genesis out this week and put new surrounds on them and freshen the x over networks for you. I'll try to dye the surrounds the original mint green too. Just too busy playing musical caps on the Wallrus and tube rolling the McAllister ML-33 preamp. I can't seem to find the sound for this small listening room with the big horns.

HarryO

You need help uploading photos?

And did these come from Harry O? In my own city? ARRRGGGHHH

But glad you got them. So they sounding sweeet? I changed my KP201 center for an H, could not tell the difference really.

I'll email you the pics to upload, Michael.

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to these here newfangled computer thingies.

• Moderators

Alright that does it! I got to get me some of them there heresy's. Never heard them. Anybody want to sell me a pair? Got to have cane though.

BEC, you got any hanging around you forgot about? If so freshen 'em up.

JT

Arky, I was waiting to see how long it would take before the Heresy Bug bit you, especially after that "Heresy History" thread you started.

Go.....Arky.....you are gonna love them.[Y] Dtel and I were really amazed with every pair we heard in Hope.[:P]

Oh yes, I almost forgot, congratulations Arf, don't you love those "little" speakers?????

Alright that does it! I got to get me some of them there heresy's. Never heard them. Anybody want to sell me a pair? Got to have cane though.

JT

Arky, I was waiting to see how long it would take before the Heresy Bug bit you, especially after that "Heresy History" thread you started.

Go.....Arky.....you are gonna love them.[Y] Dtel and I were really amazed with every pair we heard in Hope.[:P]

Oh yes, I almost forgot, congratulations Arf, don't you love those "little" speakers?????

Dynamite little speakers.

I'm gonna have to pull a H/K 930 out of retirement (or the H/K 730) and try them on their own maybe.

Or maybe a G-7700 Sansui, or a 8080DB Sansui, or a 7070 Sansui, or a SX 880 Pioneer.

Or just stick with the tried and true Adcom GTP-400 and Crown PS 400. I have two of each.

One of these days I'll get my 2325 Marantz working.

So many options, so little time.

Rock on Dtels!

JT

The prettiest Heresies are the decorator models in my opinion. I like my cane OOs but that exposed motorboard is the cat's meow.

JT

The prettiest Heresies are the decorator models in my opinion. I like my cane OOs but that exposed motorboard is the cat's meow.

I read an old post last night by garymd. I'm going to ask him if his Zebrawood are still available. They would be driven by a Marantz 2245 joshnich gave me. That should make a nice little office system.

Love them Heresy's: I still have the boxes mine came in when I bought them back in 83. At that time I could not afford to get any of their BIG BROTHERS just had to wait for awhile. Sure would like to have those cornwalls with the Pie Slice badges that are on E Bay but it is too far to drive right now. Later Bill