FS ; LaScala's.Upstate New York

oldbuckster

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why ob because

i wanted them in the dorm for april though......... damn!
may is finals..... I will be soo depressed if I cannot hear them before it

Relax Big Boy, you're a smart guy, you'll figure it out. Don't be
depressed, figure out how to get them in your dorm, and become
Impressed at their sound. Lay off the Scotch first, that might help.
Worst comes to worst, I'll come down with my Outback, and we'll go get
those bad boys. I traveled almost 8hrs. round trip to pick-up my H2's,
Jersey can't be that far.

• Moderators

Wow.

You can't see the humor in my statement, Oldbuckster?

I apologize...............

ARF, you don't need to apolize for anything.............really, you don't....I am not the forum police, but I will speak up when I feel I have to, or should, or provoked, thats all. I see the humor, but would Amy? I want no problems with Amy, or anyone else for that matter, I don't come here to start trouble, or disrespect anyone.............I like it here, it's the only forum I'm on, or want to be on..............So, fear not, no apology needed, all you need to do is, go crank those Heresy's and Enjoy.............................EH, DUDE...........................

Hey OB, I apologize also if I upset you. I would really miss reading your posts if you "disappeared" on us.

Yes...I think Amy would see the humor, she's a pretty smart gal and a good study in personalities. I can assure you that Amy has a pretty good read on who the "real troublemakers" are.[;)]

I was really kidding...although it is very refreshing to read posts where someone speaks up and I personally love the way you speak up.

BTW, this is the only forum dtel and I are on also.

And, although I know you are not trying to "outpost" anyone, it sure does keep Colter on his toes when we say things like "you will pass him up standing still".[;)]

Dtels wife, really I am not upset at all, actually, you guys make me grin.................I really want no trouble with Amy or anyone else, for that matter, and didn't want her to mis-understand my posts. Sometimes members here get alittle heated, and some rude, and personal things are written, that you just have to say something about. There is really no need to disrespect anybody, we are all just people from different walks of life, different area's of the country, and we all have our opinions, and should be entitled to express them without being attacked, or insulted. A little common courtesy doesn't hurt anyone, does it.......................In the end, we are all brothers and sisters in this crazy,confusing world, and should be more respectful of each other. I'll get off my soap box now, I've carried on long enough...............but really, thanks for the smile.....................[:D]

You guys are something else. This is the reason I frequent this forum. What a great bunch of guys. OB,,, I understand where you are coming from but Jays offer is something you should consider. These las almost have your name on them. Buy them.... you won;t regret it. But take one word of advice from me.. and I've had mucho experience with this one.... Tell the wife............................ first. Its saves one heck of alot of trouble down the road....

And to you Jay.. One fine offer. Just goes to show that there are still good folks in this world...

Dave

You guys are something else. This is the reason I frequent this forum. What a great bunch of guys. OB,,, I understand where you are coming from but Jays offer is something you should consider. These las almost have your name on them. Buy them.... you won;t regret it. But take one word of advice from me.. and I've had mucho experience with this one.... Tell the wife............................ first. Its saves one heck of alot of trouble down the road....

And to you Jay.. One fine offer. Just goes to show that there are still good folks in this world...

Dave

Ob was the first one to be nice, just returning a favor.

Dave, had 'em here for 2 weeks before, the wife HATES those big ugly teenager speakers, (hey COYTEE, have you ever heard that before), so that's that story. I remember writing this before, I told her they were mine, and she didn't speak to me for two days, until I told her, I was just holding them for my Buddy. She really likes the Heresy's.................Your right these people are something, Ol' THEBES offered to let me use a tube amp to try out, and Jay's generous offer, then you have guys like Silversport, Turntable3,Coytee,Duke Spinner, Lost in Oz,ol'Kaiser, and the list goes on, NICE PEOPLE being nice to a cranky old fart..................Gotta' love it..................................EH

Jay. Your still one class act even if its only returning a favor. Not everyone would do that.

Buck... My wife didn't like my lacalas either. When I first brought them into the house she couldn't believe that they were not home built... But after hearing them she no longer says a word. Plus I'm fortunate to have my own music room where I can have/do whatever I want... Thats our agreement. Do you by chance have a room for your own, or can you set one up? It really can save alot of headaches down the road. And if need be you can always make some grills to go over the fronts if thats the problem area with her. That way they would almost look like 'fat' cornwalls.. I still think you should go for it. Veneered lascalas are rare, even if it was done aftermarket. And the price for them is about right... 2 weeks with lascalas is not enough to truly appreciate their capabilities...

But then again, you know your situation.. I don't.

Dave

Dave, I have a fine room down in the basement, that was the reason I bought this house in 1983, well one of them. The washer and dryer and half bathroom happens to be off that room, so she goes by them alot. They are veneered, and also have BEC crossovers already installed, hell people are paying that for stock, old black ones, they are a good deal....................but, I have other things that are more important to me right now, and add the fact that I bought new H2's and got a new Yamaha receiver all within the last 9 months...............I better lay low for awhile................EH.!!!!!!!!!!!!

buck thats cool. Like I said you know your position and I don't. I'm sure you are enjoying your h2's. I have a set of h1's and they are nice speakers for their size. I just know by reading your posts that you are a Klipsch lover and covet the larger pairs. This might be a tough question, but have you considered buying the lascalas and selling your H2's. That would make up some of the difference.

Dave

I've thought about it but what does one ask for 9 month old speakers ? Here's one for you, when the La scala's were here, I didn't have them hooked up yet, had the Hersey's sorta' behind them and off to the side still hooked up. People stopped over had music playing, and they said those big speakers sound good..............didn't tell them they were the Heresy's........got a chuckle out of that. If I was to sell anything it would be my KG4's, and keep the Heresy's for the rear channels in my home theatre, with the La Scala's up front. Trouble there being, I bought the KG4's new also, and they are pristene, and hard to put a price on, you'd have to see 'em to believe the condition...................Chances are I will let the La scala's be sold....kick back ,relax, enjoy what I'm fortunate enough to own, and maybe in the future seek out Khorns..............It's just not in the cards right now.............God, will I ever grow up ?.....................................................hope not.................

I know for a fact that I'm never growing up and thats just fine by me... One(me) can develop an obsession for this stuff.... Thats how I ended up with so much stuff. You know the old addage.... he who dies with the most stuff wins .. NOT... but it is a fun hobby and provided it ain't taking food out of the families mouths who is it hurting? I also know what its like selling your own speakers.. kind of like selling kids.. Heck I have a nice pair of chorus I's that have been sitting around for over a year not being used. I mention them on the forum now and then, but the truth of the matter is I'd be happy just keeping them..... You know the old mine oh mine! And that can be a crappy attitude too because they certainly aren't doing awhole lot of good not being used... but they do 'look' nice though...

I"ve read your post on the forum and you seem to be a stand up guy .. I'll even sweeten the deal for you.. You figure out a way to purchase the lascalas and I'll give you a fully functioning scott 222a integrated to go with them. Good speakers require good amplification. I'm not going to get into the tube vs SS war, but you won't be disappointed with the combo.

Your serve.

DAve

I am very humbled by that offer..............Gee, I'm speechless.............You are making tough on the old guy.....That Sir is also a very generous offer.....need sometime to digest this.....just got back from the vampire, I mean blood doctor......Wow, that is food for thought...........