5.1 to 7.1

ocdood

Use your new RF-15 for side surround duty and move you RS-25's for rear surround. More information and sound will be heard from your L/R surrounds compared to your rear surrounds. If you want to save some money, keep everything the same and instead of getting new floorstanders, pick up a pair of RB-15 or RB-25 and use them for rear surround. But like James said, only if you have the room. Good luck...

Just to repeat what these guys said, make sure you have the correct kind of room for 7.1. I have enough speakers for 7.1, but it sounded a lot less theater like with them all hooked up. My room is too small to put the couch where the side surrounds are, and then have two back surrounds. So, I had to settle for 5.1, and put the extra pair of surrounds away for the time being.

Welcome to the forum, ocdood.

For some reason I can't see your drawing but if the good doctor is recommending putting your towers behind the couch I must concur with him to upgrade your mains. I use towers as my side surrounds and have them raised 10 inches so the tweeters are at the same level as my front RF-7's. You may wish to try the same trick if you decide to put towers in the rear. Good luck.[:)]

I have a super nice pair of rf-15's that I'd be willing to part with. I bought them new at ultimate (the last pair) in July. If you wanted them, I live in springfield MO. $330

Thanks, but I just bought a pair of RF15's, RS25's, Onkyo TX-SR604, Sony DVP-NS75H DVD player, I'm all tapped out.

Welcome to the forum, ocdood.

For some reason I can't see your drawing but if the good doctor is recommending putting your towers behind the couch I must concur with him to upgrade your mains.

Thanks, as far as the drawing goes you should be able to see it if you can view .pdf files.