Klipsch

fatathaland

Okay I'm sick of problems with my KLIPSCH speakers. I just returned a new set of 4.1's to Best Buy to replace my old set. In my old set the subwoofer began to get very hot to the touch..so hot that the exterior actually BURNED my hand when I tried to pick up the sub to examine. That alone is ridiculous, yet shortly afterward the entire sub went, with terrible rattling bass, just a terrible noise. I went to return the set and I let the sub sit for almost an hour unplugged before I put it in the box. It seemed as if it could light the box on fire!

I got my new set to replace the old set and yes, they sounded great..until today, 2 weeks later, the sub again sounds terrible! TERRIBLE! I have stopped using my $300 speakers all together because they sound horrid.

KLIPSCH, WHATS GOING ON!?!

Listen, ALL that I want from you is a subwoofer that is not defective! I want your product, but its costing me time and money to continue to own it!

I want to send this subwoofer back to you and in turn receive a subwoofer that:

1)wont burn me or my house

2)Sounds clean for a reasonably long period of time.

For the cost these speakers should WORK!

Please tell me what you are willing to do to help me out. This should not cost me any more money, but I am willing to take time to go to the post office, electronic store, whatever.

Save a customer today, before they all run away!

Thanks,

-William-

------------------

whavid.gif

hot dang!! another one!!!

we should really keep a counter on all these people who get these defective promedia sets.

fatathaland, my suggestion is to return those speakers and get a full refund. If you have enough patience, go knock your socks off and get another set. Keep in mind though that people like you and me who have gone through multiple sets have been a common occurence since they released the promedia line (just take a look around the promedia forums). I'm crudely estimating that about 4-6 people every week complain of defective sets across the promedia line in these forums. I had enough tolerance to stand for four sets mainly because the 4.1's sounded good and the "Klipsch" name on it.

Why won't klipsch just do a total recall of all their promedia sets? Sure it would cost a bundle but it would prevent these lemons from sprouting up. But then again the last two busted sets that i received were "tested" so maybe something more drastic has to be done here.

Maybe those review sites should stop kissing klipsch's A$$ so much and mention about the defective sets that people have been getting. I can't believe that up until now i haven't seen one promedia review mention that if you purchase a promedia set there is at least a small chance that you could get a bad apple. It's only fair to make the consumer aware of what they are buying. Or maybe klipsch should put a BIG red warning label on their boxes that say:

"CAUTION, Klipsch, in its best interest, has provided you with the best sounding speaker system you will ever purchase for your multimedia PC. However, be aware that our Promedia line is a fire hazzard and the subwoofer should not be placed near curtains, drapes, or anything flammable. If your subwoofer becomes too hot to touch or sound quality has been severely degraded, please unplug your set right away and contact Klipsch (Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665) for an immediate replacement. Klipsch is 100% committed to providing you with premium products that exceed your expectations. Thank you for your patience and support. "

Never mind angry customers who have $399 worth of paper weight sitting right next to their computer.

Every freakin promedia box should have a sticker saying that before someone gets hurt or looses their house!!!

hey, i'm not acting like BigBusa who has been bashing the klipsch promedia line left right and center, but i strongly feel that proper action should be taken to help salvage the promedia situation here.

This message has been edited by Vatican3 on 12-04-2001 at 09:50 PM

fatathand you couldnt be having problems with your 4.1 promedia system. According to Mark Casavant, Director of ProMedia Product Development and Marketing only 100 of the 1st run early promedial 5.1 systems had the problems you are describing.

In Marks own words ...

"I do want to stress that these problems were identified for a limited number of the ProMedia 5.1 systems only. The ProMedia 2.1 and ProMedia 4.1 are continuing to perform at optimal levels and there is no need for concern with either of these highly regarded systems.

Again, only a limited number of ProMedia 5.1 systems are exhibiting the aforementioned problems."

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

how many times do Amy and I have to explain what that statement was about?

It is saying that the problems that have occured with the 5.1's was limited to the 5.1's becuase of the source of the problem, a bad transister and an error in the assembly line of the 5.1's, not the 2.1's nad 4.1's.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I want to know what percentage of the defective 4.1s where from Best Buy, I swear I've read most of them coming from there, I guess around 3/4 or more are from that chain of stores. Buy it from the net. The problems of each system are separate from the others, the 5.1s have different problems from the 4.1s.

quote:

Originally posted by Btrigg:

I want to know what percentage of the defective 4.1s where from Best Buy, I swear I've read most of them coming from there, I guess around 3/4 or more are from that chain of stores. Buy it from the net. The problems of each system are separate from the others, the 5.1s have different problems from the 4.1s.

i totally agree. i think i was the first one to vocalise this weird phenomenom. Best Buy just seems to have a problem with selling good speakers. I wonder what the deal it.

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

What does it matter which place sold the most defective promedia units? If more are coming from best buy it's probably because they are selling a higher number of the units. Are you trying to blame best buy for the defective promedia products? Maybe they're opening up the boxes before sale and sabotaging the contents? Rolleyes.gif The promedias sold on the internet have a smaller percentage of failure compared to best buy? Where are you getting that info?

Justin, best buy doesn't have a "problem with selling good speakers". Klipsch has a problem supplying them with good speakers to sell! cwm25.gif

Enough with your excuses already.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

I'm quite sure that Klipsch is aware of its problems with defective units. They are probably losing a lot of money from those units too. The fact is, if it costs Klipsch more money to implement a recall than it would to just let people return their units themselves, Klipsch will continue to deny that their units are defective. Since most of the problems seem to focus on the same areas, primarily the sub, I would say that perhaps the units are being built as designed, yet a design flaw is causing the troubles.

------------------

whavid.gif

Yes, they are made in Asia, not sure really what country.

All other Klipsch products are made in the USA. They are probably put together better and tested more thoroughly... but they cost 4 times as much so that is expected and is the result of being made here and of higher quality components. It is to be expected though, if the PM speakers were made in the states and of the quality of the reference type products, the price would be overwhelming Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

that's why some of these promedia sets go bonkers, they're probably being assembled by some kid in a run down factory in some third world country in asia!

OK, don't get emotional with me justin_tx_16, i was just being sarcastic.

BUt anyway, is cutting corners on quality really a good idea to bring down the price of these promedias? I would've rather paid the a reasonable amount of extra cash to get a reliable working set. And doesn't all the shipping/replacement of those defective units plus the fact that this situation has probably scared off some potential customers offset the idea of manufacturing these things in Asia?

get your act straight klipsch....

quote:

Originally posted by Vatican3:

that's why some of these promedia sets go bonkers, they're probably being assembled by some kid in a run down factory in some third world country in asia!

OK, don't get emotional with me justin_tx_16, i was just being sarcastic.

BUt anyway, is cutting corners on quality really a good idea to bring down the price of these promedias? I would've rather paid the a reasonable amount of extra cash to get a reliable working set. And doesn't all the shipping/replacement of those defective units plus the fact that this situation has probably scared off some potential customers offset the idea of manufacturing these things in Asia?

get your act straight klipsch....

i was in no way trying to be sarcastic. sorry if you took it that way Smile.gif i really am, i did not mean in any way to be sarcastic.

------------------

-justin