its on its way home to daddy!!

montigue

For those of you that were interested in hearing my review on the SVS 20-39 I bought a few weeks ago, I'll go ahead and post it since I got a suitable amp.

Initially I planned on using the new KLH R3000 from best buy's. Well KLH totally suck's, so I took it back. Recently a buddy from work had an old Pioneer 4 channel receiver laying around that had a bad tuner. I did'nt know if it was going to work well but since I did'nt pay for it I took it home and hooked it up. It worked excellent. I am suprised with the old amps. They were made so much better than the new ones and the cost was a huge difference to what you have to pay for a good amp now days vs back then.cwm21.gif I first put in Jurrasic park III and went to all the actions scenes. Every wall in my house shook. I'm not kidding, my house is almost 2000 square feet. I went to my back bedroom which is furthest room away from my living room, and the pictures were actually vibrating on the wall. Keep in mind that i'm using an amp that has 150w x2 @ 6 ohms.cwm27.gif ( I can only amagine what the sampson amp can do) After Jurrasic park I decided to pop in Pearl harbor. I went right to the attack scene where the torpedo bomber's were bombing the ship's and I was sitting on my couch in AAAAHHHHH. Waves of sound were pressurising my living room with each explosion. BOOM BOOM BOOM the sub just kiks a$$.

I want to thank all of the people that took the time on this site to post their reviews of various sub's. It really helped me to get where I am now. PARADISE!

Regard's Monty R

p.s Ears, I'm curious to know how your going to hold up to 4 SVS SS's in your 9x9 room. You might have to change your name to theearless after those subs finish with you. Smile.gif

WHERE KG SERIES LIVE

Klipsch KG 5.2 mains

Klipsch KG 2.2 rears

Klipsch KG 2.2 rear center

Klipsch KLF C-7 main center

Sony Wega flat screen 36"

Sony DTS DVD player

Sony HI -FI VCR

Harman Kardon AVR65 receiver

SVS 20-39 sub w/pioneer amp

This message has been edited by montigue on 12-28-2001 at 11:25 PM

Monty,

"p.s Ears, I'm curious to know how your going to hold up to 4 SVS SS's in your 9x9 room. You might have to change your name to theearless after those subs finish with you."

LOL

Dont worry I have as of now three Sunfires,one Carver,one Aerial,one Velodyne and one Revel.In two words...MONSTER BASS and I survive.

In the smaller room with the sunfires I get near 116dB at listening position at 25Hz!No nota a bogus peak or distorting wounded elephant.

In the larger room I get around 118dB at 25Hz(all subs along the front wall)again at listening position near the back wall(the room acts like a horn on these subs,ant the reult not even boomy bass!).

So I know about sub bass power right now.When I add the four SVS SS in the large room I will move the three subs into the smaller one! cwm3.gif

Yes seven subs in a 10*14 room! cwm8.gif

The four SVS SS should give me around 120dB at 20Hz.Each SS will be powered by at least 800W RMS(Bryston)to 1 Kilowatt(Carver).

cwm44.gif

Congrats on your purchase

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thank you for all your responses. Your interest is appreciated very much.

You know the old saying....The boys with the most toys at the end wins. Well Ears, it looks like your in first place.

Klipsch/SVS RULES!!!!!

Regard's Monty R

This message has been edited by montigue on 12-29-2001 at 04:11 PM