Need game advice from the pros

boomac

OK guys what do say? Play Station 3, X Box or Nintendos <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />W III?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I went to Best Buy and two sales clerks said the W III was the best value. Im looking for something the kids will enjoy (when home from College) and something that I can go fool with when the boss lady doesnt want to fool around! One think that seems attractive is the W III has Super Mario Brothers, a game I used to play with the kids when they were kids. We all loved that game.

Waddaya say?

It's just more fun to play?

I've found most of the games very easy to learn, requiring just a few minutes to become good enough to start having fun. PS3 and Xbox are more for the hardcore gamers that are into the special effects and don't mind super complex games. I don't see this being condusive to the concept of a family setting. I say that loosely because I can think of a few fun/easy games for every system - you just get more of it from Nintendo. I get the impression that the Wii is centered more around relaxing fun (though it certainly promotes exercise) where the other systems are more about intense action fun.

I dunno...I could just see myself playing Wii with my dad far more readily than any other system...it's very similar to N64 versus PS2 - we always played the Nintendo because the games were simply more fun. I don't own any of the new systems, but I would be going with the Wii if money were no object.

Ultimately, I think you should pick the system based on the software. What kind of games do you like to play?

Thanks Doc. As it turns out the people across the street got a Wii for Christmas and I'm gonna go fool around with it later today of tomorrow. I would play the Mario Brother Games. The only other game I enjoyed was the NASCAR Racing. My damn kid used to just kill me but I keep tryin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox 360 for sure, second choice Wii. The 360 experience, online and off, is super slick. Stream music/video/hd video from your PC, stream music to replace in-game sountracks, voice-chat with any of your friends whether in the same game or not, see who is playing online with the touch of a button in any game, rent HD movies and tv shows, and excellent online playl capabilities.

Wii is also awesome, if you want a cheaper price tag, access to classic Nintendo, Sega, and Turbografx titles, and a super-innovative controller. It's also great for getting non-gamers involved. Plus there's Zelda...which is the best one in the series in my opinion.

The PS3 has nothing on the 360, besides a $200 higher price tag (which does get you blu-ray, if you're interested), and a bigger hard drive. It also has HDMI 1.3, which will be nice in the future.

If its a family setting, go with a Wii hands down. I'll admit im a 360 zealot, it is the most awsome system with the best titles out there, but the Wii is EASY, SIMPLE and FUN! Gee.. sounds like something else we know except its not fun cough*bose*cough.

Grab 4 wireless remotes, and be prepared to get you and your family in shape. Americans are losing pounds since the Wii came out, its just crazy adicting fun.

Santa brought the Wii and it has been a blast. The old school games are OK, but not the best. They are scaled down versions and you can't save your progress in either Mario Brothers, or Donkey Kong. Basically, you get your 5 bucks worth. Overall though, the Wii has far exceeded my expectations and we are really only on the first generation of games. I can't wait to see what's next.

The 360 is next for me. The fact that you can get a 360 and a Wii for the same price as the PS3 made my decision for me.

Actually, in a way, you can save your progress...I've found that if you pause the game, then exit to the wii menu with the home button...you can come back to the game and pick up right where you left off. Not exactly saving, but a neat feature nonetheless.