the new guy

MrDecibel

Things are getting better all the time. I have been trying a few different amps and messing around with location and such. First of all I have to say that I have always been an integrated receiver kind of guy. Well, after hooking the RF7's up to an external amp, I have to say holy $%#^ these things are even more bitchin'. Even at lower volume, detail is awesome. I cranked up some Crystal Method and the hairs on the back of my neck started to move. I have read some posts stating that the RF7's lack bass- NO WAY!! They just need more power. These things will suck an amp dry for all its got and then some! Ive had my powered sub turned off for some time now. I started with an older Acurus A250 amp which sounded ok, but the highs sounded harsh. I have an Adcom GFA 555 hooked up right now and it sounds pretty good. I have a Monster Power 2250 on order so we'll see how that goes. I want to do the DeanG mods as soon as I can, but i think i will miss being without my babies even though it will just be a week or so :( . You guys were right in telling me that things are going to get expensive!!, I have a list of components and upgrades that I want to do already.

I want to do the DeanG mods as soon as I can, but i think i will miss being without my babies even though it will just be a week or so :(

Actually, I have a new pair of networks over here that I can build up and send. When you get them, just make the swap and send me your existing ones. I will only do this if your stock ones are in near perfect condition. I quit offering this deal to people after someone sent back their stock ones with binding posts that looked like they had pliers used on them, and with deep scratches all over the rear of one of the cups.