Martinsburg WV Question

Flason

Anyone have info on Martinsburg WV. The wife and I are considering moving there from St. Pete FL. I know all about the cold with 2 years up in Great Lakes IL but how about real estate, sightseeing, motorcycle riding\clubs, any and all info is welcome. Thanks. BTW Computer Geek for the VA here in St. Pete FL. Will be doing the same thing, albeit for the IRS, up in Martinsburg.

Not that town but......

Having taken road trips from Indianapolis to Northern Michigan, South to Atlanta, West to Western Illinois, and East to New Hampshire...........my most favorite drive was through West Virginia on those beautiful interstates that wind up and down and around the mountains on a nice summer day.

Can't help you on real estate or motorcycle riding, but being in that odd-ball panhandle of WV, it seems like just one more clean, very pretty Shenandoah Valley town like those up the valley (South) in Virginia. Lots to see there, e.g., Shenandoah National park is right down I-81 which runs through Martinsburg, and Gettysburg not far to the northeast. Lots of Civil War history if you're interested. Numerous pretty mountain drives to the North, West and South, really pretty foliage in the fall, and I'm sure there are motorcyclists in WV.

Also not that far from D.C. If you don't feel like driving, a passenger train goes there from Martinsburg believe it or not. That makes the town a distant DC bedroom community for a few rail commuters. I think you'll like it. Don't hesitate to look up some of us DC-MD-NOVA Klipschers at your convenience.

Flason,

Believe it or not I live in Martinsburg, WV. my usual handle here is Istari but for some reason I couldn't log in under that.

I've been here for about 5 years. I work for the VA in the OI&T Office of Oversight & Compliance. I used to work for the IRS.

Why don't you give me a call at 304-262-6254 on Sunday or at 304-262-7758 on Monday. We can discuss your items of interest then. I'm in the VA Outlook GAL as James McClung.

Jim, Thanks for the info. I had the wife call because I'm sure I wouldn't ask the questions she wanted answered. She is even more excited now then she was prior to her talk with you. I'm hoping we will both be offered jobs, but as with any federal job there is always competition. Thanks again for the help. You can find me in Outlook Mike.Barry or the wife Deedra.Jones. Talk to you later.