My Edgar Mid-Horn Construction Pics...Fun, Fun

jorjen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished and sitting atop one of my La Scalas.

I will probably use these horns with Jubilee bass bins or Dana's V2 which I will construct myself. Most likely in a 3-way with some JBL 2404H that are sitting idle. These horns were originally intended for the top section of a CornScala project which I appear to have forgotten about.

post-9114-1381932209411_thumb.jpg

Man. I thought this thread was lost forever. Are these old pics?

I was just working on mine last night. I did the flare measurement more than once. There is a part in Edgar's article that confuses me and I had to come up with a technique of my own . You used some pretty good wood. I was going to use some cheap stuff to make sure it sounded right.

Is this still the 300Hz Cutoff horn for a 2" compresion driver?

I have a question for you that is hard to ask. What is the total length of the horn from throat to mouth right down the center of the Horn? Also, what is the length of the non-flared panels. I noticed in Edgar's article, the non flared length was "whited-out" and something was written in there. I was assuming that there was a discovered error once someone (maybe Edgar) figured out that when the non flared panels are mounted at an angle, there was a discovery that those panels needed to be made longer to make the total length of the horn correct. Does this make sense?

jc

Not lost JC, just forgotten[;)].

Yes, these are the pics from early last year during construction. I think you have seen some of them before.

They are in fact the Edgar 300hz horns from the website article. I would ultimately like to use them with the JBL 2482 2" driver(me likey Phenolic for mids).

Length down the center of the top/bottom plates w/o mounting plate thickness came out to about 10 7/8". The length of the sidewalls after assembly and sanded to flush with the throat and mouth ends came out to about 13". The mouth of the horn came out to exactly 9"x18" which is what I believe to be what was in the plans. You in the ballpark?

Well mine are a 225Hz horn with a mouth of 24" by 12". All the same principles applied. I'll show some pictures later.

Outstanding woodwork by the way. I'm sure you will have many jealous people jump in.

OK..so the length of your top and bottom plates are 10 7/8 inches. Excluding the mounting plate, what is the "horn length" from the center of the throat to the center of the mouth?

jc

Ajsons. Yes you see where I am going. Yep..the commentary talked of this. I used a different solution. Which took a lot of work. Maybe unecessary.

From a calculation stand point...the horn length should be 11.5". The tooling trapezoid is edited to 11 inches.

I'm sure it isn't a big deal......but there is a way to make it exact. I'll show you what I did later. I need a photo to upload.

Again....outstanding woodwork.

jc

post-16499-1381932210287_thumb.jpg