RF-3II vs RF-5(Hello, Klipsch)

jad5

No...not related to Forrest Gump at all. Wish I were though seeings how he posesses many, many shrimp recipes.

My point was that anyone with a glimmer of knowledge of speaker cabinet construction wouldn't have made the criticism you made (cheap shot IMHO) of Klipsch speaker cabinets. A little research on your part would reveal that Klipsch has a very long history of being very careful with the way their speaker enclosures are both designed and fabricated. Prior to a Klipsch speaker getting voiced, I'm fairly certain that cabinet resonances are elminated so that the voicing only involves crossover and driver tweaking. To my knowledge, you've never listened to any Heritage series or any other Klipsch line other than Reference. So what measurements/data/listening tests have you performed to substatiate the "coloration,unwanted vibrations,deformation of the original,loss of midrange purity and so forth" comment?

Listen, it's obvious that you've spent a lot of time & money listening to some serious gear and there's little doubt that that knowledge is a plus here. However, I just wish that you'd take the hint that many posters have politely dropped on you that the sarcasm you seem to feel is funny is, in fact, not. Additionaly, while you may not intend to sound like a snob, your enthusiastic defence of your gear has, on many occasions, put down folks' stuff and gives the perception of you "looking down your nose" at others. One only has to look at how many times you've had to apologize for your remarks being taken the wrong way to validate my point.

My sincerest apologies to the list for wasting the bandwidth. But I said it and that's that. Flame away. I've taken it from the best.

We know return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Tom Adams

Tom Adams,

After reading your post I can see your are in no shape or form related to the THING known as ForrestGump.

I have to intention to flame you for posting your opinions.

As much as I would love to say Klipsch is known for their great lack of cabinet resonance,it is NOT(again keep in mind I have many Klipsch speakers from the Quintets passing by the Synergy and ending with the RF-7's).

Again Klipsch speakers are great for the money,why do you think I purchased these Klipsches?Klipsch brings to me and many others great sound for just a few dollars(compared to many overpriced so called High-End yes so called).

They are not perfect(what speakers are?).The main faults I found are very probably related to cabinet vibrations.These are noting important,its when I comapre Klipsches with Spendor FL series and Dynaudio Contour series.Well of course you can say LOOK AT THE DAMN PRICE.Sure do

I will cut on the sarcasm but when I hear minor faults I will report them(no not amplify them).

As of YOU ForrestGump...

"French Canuck Moron" WOW what genius could dive to this level? ONLY YOU Gump

Another post to help others right?

Sure you do help others by blindly bashing products you never heard.

Way to go champ

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I bet you will find that the K-105-K 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver in the RF-3 (II) and the K-119-KB 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver in the RF-5 are the exact same driver with different horns attached in each model.

Just going from the same reasoning where the K-1070-K 10" (25.4cm) Fiber-composite cone in my KSW-10 sub and the K-1082-K 10" (25.4cm) Fiber-composite cone in my RP-3 sub WERE THE SAME EXACT DRIVER. Only one had two labels (I can't remember which one). One label was stuck over the top of the other.

I'm sure that the same holds true for all 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression drivers in the Klipsch lineup. Holds the costs down if you only have to change the box dimensions, crossover points, and size of the horn. The expensive moving parts all stay the same.

When I auditioned the RF-3 and RF-5, I couldn't tell that big of a difference. Granted I'm a HOME AUDIO newbie (but not car audio), I picked the RF-3's.....I am extremely impressed with them.

Huge bass output, and crystal clear mid's and high's......

------------------

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings.....-Pink Floyd, Learning To Fly

• 2 weeks later...