scott 233 rebuilt but not fixed!!

33klfan

When he stole my Tele 12AX7 he said they were "gassy and dangerous to use" so he "threw them out". I would expect the same for these. At least the 6U8 aren't terribly expensive.

I wouldn't put any more energy into getting satisfaction from Ryan. He obviously hasn't changed.

Among all of this, even though the buzzing isn't fixed, i have to look at the good side also. Ryan took this in and did a heck of a lot of rebuilding to it, and i do appreciate that. It does sound much better all the way around. It took him a lot of time to do all of this, and it's a very nice thing to do for no cost. Even if the buzzing is still there, it's like i have a new amp, and i can't complain about that. Thank You.

Just now reading this I have been gone a while and all I have to say is:

____say what?_________________________________-

_____________ok?__________________what?_____

off with his head___________________ let them eat cake?

Don't cry for me Argentina?_____________ What the?

Oh my. :(

Among all of this, even though the buzzing isn't fixed, i have to look at the good side also. Ryan took this in and did a heck of a lot of rebuilding to it, and i do appreciate that. It does sound much better all the way around. It took him a lot of time to do all of this, and it's a very nice thing to do for no cost. Even if the buzzing is still there, it's like i have a new amp, and i can't complain about that. Thank You.

I may have missed the explanation, but why did he do this for free?

Good Question,

I guess he did it so 33KLFan could throw him under the tire of an oncomming BUS.[:S]

Ok, just to clear things up, i wish i never started this thread. It was not my intent to make it go this far. He did it and took it under his warranty, since there was a problem. The buzzing is only in the background and you can hear it when nothing is playing or in between tracks, or on silent songs. Of course, you can't hear it when you're playing songs real loud. It doesn't affect the overall sound. It's just there in the background. I apologized to Ryan for this and i am now apologizing on here for sounding rebellious. I am not that type of person at all, and this is just a mistake that i didn't anticipate. Sorry to all who were offended. Thanks.

Good Question,

I guess he did it so 33KLFan could throw him under the tire of an oncomming BUS.[:S]

Ryan's business practices tend to put him squarely in the path of a bus.

This type of thing is not new for him. It's all over the archives. Instead of 33KLF apologizing, he should be asking where his Teles are. I took a lot of crap and believed a lot of lies from Ryan when I was dealing with him. I was foolish enough to believe his claims of decades of experience and defended him on the forum. His lies were revealed later on and I felt like a complete idiot for trusting him. His assertions that all my Tele 12AX7 were gassy seemed strange when he first took in my 299C, but I let it go because I was inexperienced. He later claimed that I sent it to him with GEs in those slots. My 299C had a hum that never went away until Craig got into it. The balance controls weren't even connected properly - it went back to him but Ryan could never get it right. And lied to me constantly... Most of the parts he claimed to have installed in mine were not there and some weren't even connected. Stratch a lie, find a thief. He's to be avoided.

I should probably avoid posting any of this, and have until I saw some defense of Ryan - and by folks who were around when Ryan got himself booted from the forum and know the back stories. Any loyalty to the guy will not be rewarded, in my experience. I defended him vigorously and I got screwed to the wall.

Well, the only telefunken's i had were 1 as a 12ax7, and a mismatch of jan phillips and GE, but now they are all EI 12ax7's. The 6u8's were telefunken, but i do believe the one was faulty because when i moved it to the other slot, the hum followed to the other channel. A hum, not a buzz. That buzz is always there. I still have one telefunken 6u8, and the one that was faulty is now a scott. Trust me i felt the same way, sometimes, ben. I didn't know what to believe at times, but i do know that the one telefunken was bad. I just had to think back about that one.

I try to treat people the way I like to be treated and I have had both Ryan and Craig do work for me. They both did a fine job. I have had many discussions with both and if I had a problem I resolved it with them ( alone ). I dont think a public forum is where you pull out the dirty laundry. If you have a problem go to the individual 1st.

You all may not agree, but my expressions are based on the priciples I live by. I hate to seeing anyone get raked over the coals without the chance to defend. Regardless of who it is.

I can't speak for anyone else's experience with Ryan, only my own.

The lies and deception he put forth on this forum were not only tools he used to screw me over, but also part of the reason he's not here to defend himself. I have kept my public comments under control and within forum guidelines, though I'm sure it's easy to read between the lines as to how I feel about the guy. I'm not asking anyone to come to the same conclusions, just offering my experience with him to the public here as further information. Take it as my word, whatever that's worth to those who read what I write.

If I had someone do the same for me when I was dealing with him, it might have gone better.

Here's the simple facts (believe them only if you are inclined to believe me):

He lied about his age and experience to gain people's confidence in him as a technician

He lied about the parts installed in my 299C

He improperly installed some of the parts that he did put in my 299C

He claimed that all of my Tele 12AX7 were gassy and that he threw them out - he later claimed there were GEs in it when he received it

I requested his phone number to discuss the amplifier on several occasion (before any warranty issues) and never gave it to me or called me at the number I provided to him

He did take the 299C back on at least two occasions. On both occasions it performed exactly the same as it left me.

The 299C was shipped to him in its original carton from 1962 which was packed with great care to maintain its original condition. It came back with water damage and packing tape on it.

Do what you will with that information.

Also - I completely agree that the proper thing to do in the event of a problem is to seek resolution privately. I did and got zero satisfaction. In addition to that, Ryan made use of me and my inexperience at the time to attempt to discredit others on this forum.