Sold - New NOS tubes for sale - 4 bucks each

Guest " "

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to let everyone know.....I have been listening to these tubes for the past 2 hours. I pulled 4 12AX7's and 4 12AT7's out of my Mcinotsh C-2200 pre-amp and 4 12AX7's and 2 12AT7's out of my Mcintosh MC-2000 amp and replaced them all with these 12AU7A's. These tubes sound great in place of line stage tubes with higer MU. I just can't get over the sound stage (width and depth), instrument detail, and how pleasant vocals are. The volume adjustment was very minor....I just had to turn th volume slightly.

Boy, after spending 40 bucks for JAN Philips 12AX7WA's, 40 bucks for Amperex 12AU7A's, and 30 bucks for JAN Philips 5751's, 20 and 30 dollars for Mcinotsh 12AX7 and 12AT7's I feel like I been getting ripped off after hearing the National 12AU7A tubes. Man, these NOS tube guys are making a big profit.

ok, count update

27 sold, 23 remaining, plus an extra 10 in reserve in case your request which may have been time stamped before others, did not get to me. Please let me know if you sent me a reply, and I have not ansered. I will free up the 10 reserve and put them in with the remaining count if the PM and email system seems to be working ok.

Ok, count update

45 sold, 5 remaining, plus 10 remaining that I'm holding in reserve in case of a communications problem. Please let me know If I have not resonded to you. Since the PM's and emails seem to be working, I will soon put the 10 in reserve up in the general for sale pool.

Ok, count update

49 sold, 1 remaining, plus 10 extra that I'm holding in reserve in case of a communications problem. Please let me know If I have not resonded to you. Since the PM's and emails seem to be working, I will soon put the 10 in reserve up in the general pool for sale.

Spongeworthy

You can get 4. I had 10 in reserve in case there was problems with PM's or emails, but it looks like everyone who responded got a reply from me.

so the new count is

53 sold, 7 remaining, 0 reserve.

If anyone who expressed an intrest did not get a response from me, please post a note of concern on this thread.

Everyone should have recieved totals to include shipping estimates.

We are down to the last 7.

I can't believe the PM and email system on this forum actually worked today.

Ok, I think we are sold out now.

I won't know for sure until Keith sends me an email with his forum name.

I may have double subtracted 6.

So we either have 1 left, or 7 left.

Soon as I figure out Keith's forum ID, I'll know for sure.

So any intrest from this point forward, is on a standby basis.

Ok, figured out who Keith is.

Final count is 54 sold, and 6 remaining.

I'm going to hold the last six in case there is another missed request.

I'll take standby names though.

6 left...here's the original post with details

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have some NOS National 12AU7A's for sale at a price of 4 bucks each plus shipping (.75 - 1.25 depending on your zip). I recieved a lot of these new, in 5 packs. I have about 50 tubes to sell.

Currently on ebay 2 sellers are offering the same NOS tubes for about 13 bucks each. ( 5 for 69.99 item# 140088972522 and 1 for 13.00 item# 250075875427). Here is one of their pic's. I have the same 5-packs with the same jacket sleeves and individual boxes.

How did I get the tubes? I am in th process of selling a lot of used tube equipment that basiclly came with the original tubes when I first bought the equipment. During my ownership I did some tube rolling and learned quite a bit about tubes. I wanted to offer the new onwers the orginal tubes that came with the unit, but I knew that best would be with new tubes. I wanted to offer the new owners the option of using new NOS tubes so I was on the look out for sone new NOS tubes in large qty's. I didn't want any issues with the new owners due to their use of the original used tubes.

I saw a good deal for new in the box NOS National 12AU7A. All the boxes are in great new Condition. Test results for the NOS National 12AU7A's is very high. 3000 is not uncommon. The normal minimum as new tube is 2200. Minimum used but good (pass) is 1385. This means that if a used 12AU7A scores over 2200 is called NOS. These are new...none of this look like NOS, seem like NOS, test like NOS, etc.

I tried the tubes in a variety of equipment that uses tubes in it's line stage such as Mcintosh, Cary and Jolida pre-amps, Cary CD players, Cary and Mcinotsh power amplifiers and the tubes sound great. Very quiet, high detail and excellent depth. Examle, I pulled the 4 12AX7's and the 2 12AT7's from my MCintosh MC-2000 and used all National 12AU7's, sounded great, considering the tubes I pulled out cost me $20 - $30 bucks each new. So this was perfect for what I was looking for and in the qty's I needed for all the equipment I was selling, it was cheaper for me to buy the lot than to but loose tubes. I'm keeping 15 that will be included in the equipment I have sold. So there are about 50 available.

Now for those that what to try some tube rolling with out breaking the bank I included a chart below which includes common tubes and their MU values. Where indicated with a * are tubes that I have used the National 12AU7A in substitution for. Keep in mind, that when you use a tube with a lower MU in place of a high MU one, the tubes are quieter, reduces microphonics, and is a popular cure for a variiety of tube unity gain issues which are indicated as what folks discribe as a faint ocean sound. The trade off when you use a lower MU tube is a additional adjustment on the volume controls to make up for the reduced gain.

The 12AU7A tube is a great tube to have in your personal stock. It substitutes for quite a few pre-amp tubes. Your not going to beat this price for a new tube.

If you are intrested, post an intrest in this thread, and email me you contact information. Paypal would work the best for me, but checks or money orders are also fine. I'll ship as I recieve paid orders.

Here is a chart of popular line stage pre-amp tubes. Again, where indicated with a *, I used this tube in a line stage with excellent results.

Tube mu

12AU7 17 *
4003 19
5963 19
5815 19
6189 19
ECC82 17 *

12AV7 41
5965 41

12AT7 60 *
12AZ7 60
CV4024 60