My sc-1 keeps falling

33klfan

Since i moved my room around, the center is in front of a window and now i can't really put it on the wall anymore. My cats always get behind my electronics where all the wires are, and twice now somehow the center has been pulled right off the tv. I am not sure where to put it or what to do to make it safer. My tv is on top of a clothes chest and then the center. It was ok last time, hopefully the sound is still ok after this time. It's aesthetics are starting to get marked up a little. If anyone has any good answers, please help.

Put shelf liner ( rubbery material ) under the center speaker, and attach the speaker wires to something that will not move IE hot melt glue, ty-wrap etc. The cats are getting tangled in the speaker wire and dragging the speaker off. If the wire is attached close, they can't get in between and haul it off...

The other suggestions are good, but I think the best thing is to train the cats not to go back there. You could always squirt them with water when they do something you don't want them to, but that's contraindicated when they're crawling over the electronics, and some sick, twisted felines don't mind water.

Try putting tape down around the TV and equipment rack, sticky side up. The clear, 2-3" wide packing tape works great, cut into strips about 4" long. The cat steps on it, it sticks to their paw, they freak out and run away shaking their paw faster than light, and you roll on the floor laughing. After several repetitions, they should decide to find other places to crawl into, and no harm done to the cat, except their pride, which they have plenty of anyway.

• Moderators

The best way to stop the cat from rubbing up against anything is to put 2 bare wires sticking out the outlet, it will make the kitty lose intrest in rubbing on anything.[:o] Just kidding, the rubber under the speaker will make it hard to slide.

Get rid of the cat!! No, on a more serious note, I used the "heavey duty' double sided tape, and it works great on top of my TV. Don't worry about it leaving any kind of residue or anything. This is the 2nd speaker i've had up there, and it hasn't left any residue on the TV or speaker.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate it. I did get behind my system today and tape all the wires to the back of audio rack and clothes chest, so hopefully it will be ok now. Mainly just the power cords are kind of dangling around on the ground, but everything else is tidied up better. I guess i could use that flexible plastic conduit to keep the power cables as one. It's a little better organized. Especially the center channel wire isn't dangling like it was. I would like to get it the wires real neat and organized but not sure how once they get to the floor other than flexible plastic, and i know you have to keep speaker wire and power cords separate. I'll have to try that double sided tape. I thought that would stick to the tv ,but i guess not.

If by some chance it does stick, use a hair dryer. It will melt the glue just enough to get it off completely. Did you speaker get damaged at all from falling? We had a cat once, and he accidently fell off the entertainment center, and knocked one of my SF1's over. It "crushed" the corner in a little bit, and put a dent in the wood. Needless to say, he no longer lives here! lol. Seriously he doesn't live here anymore. But honestly, it's because we had a baby, and he's allergic to cats.

Well, the first time there wasn't much harm done other than scuffed a little on one of the diagonal edges. The second time however, the bottom left corner got crunched just a little. Nothing terrible but enough to make you mad. It also scuff the grill cloth off in that corner, and one peg broke on the grill, so i'll order a new one tomorrow. Hopefully i'll get one under warranty. I did before when i bought sf-1's from display with broken pegs, so i'll see.