My dad now owns a klipsch HT

33klfan

Well, from my other post about buying a HT for my dad, i finally picked it up today. My mom and I got it for his birthday. It took a while to persuade my mom into buying used speakers, but i finally did it. Once she saw them she didn't think they were used anymore. They are flawless. Not a mark on them. He bought them, and used them for about a year and stored them away because of the wife. They look like they came right out of the box. He wanted 600 for the ksf 8.5, ksf c5, and ksf s5. I talked a little bit. Introduced him to tubes and my knowledge of klipsch here from the forums. I started low with $500, and it took a few minutes, and there was monster cable, factory made like on my speakers now, that he had for fronts and center, and for that and other monster xp cable, i gave him an extra $25. So $525 for everything. I would say that is a deal. I got it hooked for dad before he came home and he loves them. Now he just needs a better amp for music instead of that panasonic receiver. O, the spending has only begun. HAHA. They sound pretty sweet too. Now are house is klipschonized.

He'll be 53. His ears aren't as good as mine or should i say maybe that's because his ears have been trained to crappy Fisher speakers the past 15 years.[:)] He likes them though. He's heard mine so he knows the sound, but i know he didn't expect it. I'm sure he'll grow to love them more and more as the days go by. I think he still had hard feelings for seeing the fishers go even though i thought they sucked. He loves treble though, and it drives me crazy, he has the panasonic receiver set to +8 treble and +6 bass. I try to give my listening expertise advise to him, but you know, it doesn't work. I guess however he likes it set is up to him.

Well, i rearranged the living room so the setup would be better. The room is 13x18 and the fronts were 6' apart with a distance of 15' to listening position, and the center was off center in between the fronts. Today, i made the fronts 11' apart, and the center is center. I just have to put the surrounds up on the wall yet. HT sounds awesome. Music isn't good for me though. He just needs a much better sub and receiver.

I think he thinks it sounds good, but for me the bass is muddy. He might not think so though. His hearing is much less critical, but i want him to have what i would want, so we'll get there eventually. I know he can here differences because he could one time between rf-15's and rf-25's, so his ears are good, but he's just stubborn with setting them right, but i'm working on it.[:)] The receiver can't do justice alone with the fronts. So you have to rely on the sub, and that isn't good either. It's a pioneer sub that was part of a HTIB a few years ago. A receiver and sub will probably be soon. I would give him my rw-8 if i could afford a new one. He mainly listens to music though.