Anybody familiar with mackit30's?

dp1954

I've run across a pair of mackit30 monoblocks. These are the kit variety of the mc30. Anybody ever use/hear them? I know that alot depends on the quality of the assembly done by the original owner. Do these sound the same as the mc30? What is a good value on them?

Thanks

dave

Thanks Coytee. that was already my intent. Terry has rebuilt a 240 and an mx110 for me recently so I am familiar with him. Great guy and easy to work with. I have a pair of 30's packed up to send to him now, but I need to sell a couple of things first. Any idea what a pair of mackit30s' is worth?

DAve

Not sure what they are worth but If I bought a pair i would send them to Craig. Nothing against Terry. He has done work for me and as you say is a great guy and does great work. I would recommend Craig, because I think that I would be willing and able to explore different non - stock cap options. See Audible Nectors threads on cap replacement for his MC 30s. Also check out what Craig did for Allan Songer on his C22 preamp. I may be wrong, but i do not think that the Mackit would have the same collectors appeal as a "Stock" Mc30 so its a perfect base form which to try out these modern options. Just a thought.

Josh

I think these kits were only offered for a year or 2 in the early 60's. Being rarer than mc30's though probably won't make them worth much or/ more than an equal condition pair of 30's. The advice on using Craig I just might take. If I end up with these I may send these to Craig and the 30's I now have to Terry. Never hurts to check out the competition.

Dave