RC-7 TV Stand placement?

Catharsis147

Hey guys, hope life is treating you well:

After much thought, I decided that although I wanted to go with the RF-83's for a while, I am better suited by buying a new HDTV for my home theater instead. I plan on going with a 50 inch Rear Projection TV (unless someone has some advice on going flat panel), but I have one problem: My RC-7 at 9 inches in height makes finding a stand for my TV very difficult.

Anyone have any suggestions as far as TV stands?? Any pictures of what you are using with your TV? As much as I would love to DIY it, it is not really an option. Anyway, just wanted to hear your thoughts!

Well, for about the same price, you could go 100"+ using a front projector. I suggest trying to keep your center channel at ear level for best performance. Mine sits on top of my SD tv and under my screen. Not sure my system pictures will help you but you are welcome to browse to your hearts content. The member gallery would also be a good place to get ideas. That is what I did.

Is their such as thing as stereo separation in you setup James? :)

And wouldn't it be better if the center speaker was closer to the same axis the left and right horn are on?

I would have placed it above the TV. Far more natural sounding and greatly reduces the primary reflections from the floor.

Not sure what your budget is, but some brands that come to mind are either the Bell'o or Sanus brands for the size of the RC7. Look on the Sanus website under the AV Foundation tab, the Euro or Accurate models. The neat thing about these is you can get different size pillars to increase the distance between cabinet shelves. This would be great to accommodate the 9" tall RC7. I am currently using a Bell'o rack for my RC7, but they are not cheap. Just a few options. Good luck in your search.