mains...

masterxela

You have many good matches. The Kg line: 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 3.2, 4.2, 5.2 are listed as matches for the KV-3 center. I have heard the 4.5, 5.5, and 3.2. They are all very good main speakers and would serve your needs well. You could ship around for these models and find the best deal. Good luck.

How do the forte/forte II's compare to the kg 4.2/4.5/5.2/5.5's?

Does anyone near Springfield MO have a pair of ^ I can listen to before I drop a bunch of $$ on speakers I've never heard?

How far do forte's need to be from the back wall because of the pr?

Are any/all of the speakers above video shielded? For those that aren't, how far do they need to be from tv's?

Thanks again

I think the Forte'/Forte' II will be a better sounding speaker than any of the kg line...I don't have Forte'/Forte' II but I have their slightly little brother (to the Forte' II) the Quartet...I keep them about 2 feet from the back wall and towed in a bit...I believe Gil keeps his right up on the wall...lots to read about the Quartet/Forte'/Chorus line of "extended" Heritage speakers...I love mine! LOTS of bass...

Bill

I think the Forte'/Forte' II will be a better sounding speaker than any of the kg line...I don't have Forte'/Forte' II but I have their slightly little brother (to the Forte' II) the Quartet...I keep them about 2 feet from the back wall and towed in a bit...I believe Gil keeps his right up on the wall...lots to read about the Quartet/Forte'/Chorus line of "extended" Heritage speakers...I love mine! LOTS of bass...I don't believe the Forte' is shielded...the kgs with the "v" in them are video shielded...what kind of TV do you have...you only need the shielding from CRT type TVs...

Bill

I keep my Forte II's toed in with the pr around a foot from the wall. The best center speaker if you need a smaller than mains shielded center is the Academy, it really blends well across the front. I am not sure how well the center you have will match up. For your center, the KG line is most likely a better match.

KG's might be a better sonic match, but you should get good mains and then build a surround system around them. Not sure why you are starting with the cheaper center/surround speakers and then trying to build a system around them. Anyway, I have KG 4.2 and Forte II's and while I love the KG 4.2's, the Forte II's blow them away. The Forte II's have much better mid-range and a larger sound stage. Get the Forte II's and then upgrade your center / rears later if the sonic match isn't good enough for you.

- d