WTB: Cornwall Cornwalls

I'm really sorry that your inner ears have taken such a turn. This should be a lesson to all, that a damaged inner ear is weakened and vulnerable, and should be protected against further very loud noises. Next steps downward can be big, sudden, unexpected, and horrifying, as they were with me and apparently you.

Fortunately, I have one good ear which I definitely protect, around vacuum cleaners, in air travel, etc. Noisy tires are a special bane. Best wishes!

lc

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. Without sounding corny, this is one of those "you don't know what you have until it's gone" lessons - and a very, very hard one at that.

Chris

Travis, haven't heard from you, so you must have something else cooking. Sorry I could not help, I thought this would work out great.

• Moderators

The seller of those Cornwall 3's must be cursed. First he buys nearly new CWIII's only to have them arrived damaged by the shipper. He lists them on Audiogon, and I guess does not get much response so he lists them on Ebay at $2,000 which is what I offered him, with a BIN of 2,600.00 Someone does the BIN of 2,600 but he has a feedback of negative 2 with feedback saying the account is fraudulent. This poor guy can't win. Here is the listing if anyone is interesed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220091295277&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I wrote him again and asked him to let me know if they are relisted.

To my long necked friend: I hope you were serious about that offer, it is looking more and more like I will be driving to Tulsa to p/u a pair of CWII's. Travis

• Moderators

Got an email from the seller of the CWIII's, he relisted them because of a fradulent buyer. The new listing number is 220091687915 and the link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D220091687915%26fvi%3D1&item=220091687915&rd=1

They are listed with a starting price of $2,000 and a buy it now of $2,600. It is a 21 hour drive (EACH WAY) for me to get these and Gilbert is only an 8 hour drive for me, so I am going to officialy bow out of this deal. BS Button, you can jump in the fray with all of the other Ebayer's on this one. I think if you offered him 2400 right away he would take it and cancel the auction, at least that is what he was willing to do for me. The whole thing initially made me ill, they were an hour away, undamaged, and offered on the forum before Audiogon for 2500. The one time I am away from the forum for a couple of days is when he listed them on the forum. Isaw then on Audiogon, mentioned them here and someone pointed out that they had been listed here. So I lost out.

But everything happens for a reason, and now I have a great offer from Gilbert, only an 8 hour drive, if I really like them I can move those to the rear and purchase brand new CW3's, maybe even cruise over to do some gambling in MS and then swing over the Dtels for a listen before making a final decision.

So I have found my CW's, at least my first pair, and you all can have at these CWIII's.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis--

I may have missed it from some other thread, but why are you going fmor Khorn to Cornwall?

Mark,

It was easy to miss, kind of obscure from a couple of different posts. Nervertheless an excellent question if you did not know the whole story. My media room is 22 by 16 with an alcove entrance. The home theater screen is on the short wall. There is only one useful corner on left side of the screen, and I cannot do a false corner on the right because it would extend too far into the alcove area where you walk into the room. That left the long wall for the corners. I just got tired of moving the furniture from being oriented towards the long wall for 2 channel and the short wall for HT. The HT speakers are KSP 400's, matching center and rear surrounds, so I would also have to move the left KSP 400 in front of the Khorn to listen to HT, and then move it out of the way for 2 Channel. So the Khorns go and the hunt for a single set of fronts, to be used for both 2 channel and HT is on. I am going to go with Cornwalls first and see if they will do for my tastes, I could also probably put in a pair of RF-7's up front at the same time to try just for giggles.

If I like the CW's then I will go get rid of the KSP's and go with matching rear CW's. I originally had LS's up front, sold them when I got the Khorns. I knew when I bought the Khorns that I would not be keeping them. It just was not goling to work with my room layout. I bought them because I was having a Klipsch gathering at my house and they happend to come up for sale 2 weeks before right here in Austin so I went ahead and bought them for the Gathering and then knew that I would sell them at some point when I got tired of moving furniture. I think I have a photo of folks listening to them at the gathering which I will post, it might show the HT screen in the background so you will have a better idea.

So to answer your question, I'M TIRED OF MOVING FURNITURE. To answer the question that is "between the lines": The reason I am moving down the spectrum is purely one of logistics. Am I afraid that I will not be satisfied with the sound of the CW's after having had Khorns for the last 10 months? Absolutely. I am scared it is going to put me off into a different direction entirely, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Travis

• Moderators

Wow, here is 1000 posts, and it is to toot my own horn[D][^][<:o)][<:o)] GET IT, TOOT, HORN ? ? ? (Who looks at that post count anyway? Obviously I do).

So here is a photo of some folks facing the long wall. Towards the the back right, where the two gentlemen are standing, is that alcove area that I mentioned where people enter the room. The right speaker would be going under that sconse light to the left of the picture hanging on the wall. There is no corner there, obviously, and if I did a false wall it would leave too narrow a path (at least per my wife's tastes) for people to enter the room. The exact center of the listening area for the long wall is under the sconse light where the gentlemen in the aqua blue shirt is sitting (with hand up to mouth) Those are electric recline leather theater seats that I have moved up facing the long wall. When it came time to watch a movie, I would have to move those chairs 90 degrees clockwise, centered on the short wall.

So that there is the situation, I have heard suggestions from everything from putting the chairs on tracks that they can slide from one position to the other (good god) to getting an L sectional that went bothways. However, about the only suggestion I got from guys who were married and knew the realities of having to get something at least half way acceptable to No. 1 was: get rid of the Khorns and try Cornwalls up front or Reference Series.

Travis

post-15134-13819326162846_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Travis,

Have you tried the KSPs for 2-channel music? I've never lugged mine into the other room for a go.

I had forgotten that you also had KSP-400's. They actually sound pretty darn good, but they are a bit "bright" for my tastes on 2 channel. They do have a nice center image, good soundstage. I will know more if I don't have replacements for Khorns cause that is all I will have running.

Travis