WTB: Cornwall Cornwalls

• Moderators

Well now that I have sold my Khorns, I need to start working on Cornwalls. If anyone is thinking about selling a pair, or if you see a pair for sale in Texas or surrounding states I sure would appreciate hearing about it. Depending on what, if anything is available, I might be considering CWIII's from the factory so I can be cool like Dtel and Detel's wife.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Travis

• Moderators

I have been looking for them when I look for other stuff T, will keep doing so. Do you have any parameters such as the I's or II's, finish, price asked?

Thanks for keeping an eye out in the north country. My first choice would be WO or anything exotic, the newer the better. I am not looking for a steal, I will pay ebay prices if need be.

Travis

Well now that I have sold my Khorns, I need to start working on Cornwalls. If anyone is thinking about selling a pair, or if you see a pair for sale in Texas or surrounding states I sure would appreciate hearing about it. Depending on what, if anything is available, I might be considering CWIII's from the factory so I can be cool like Dtel and Detel's wife.

Travis

I admit to being a cornwall glutant, and at current, have one more pair than I can use. I won't make it back down to Laredo, Texas until the Xmas holidays, so if you decided to go with one of mine and want them before the holidays, then shipping fee's will apply. Otherwise, I will deliver to your doorstep. Condition is unquestionably good, I don't buy garbage.

What flavor are you looking for, Oak, Cherry, WalNut? Cotton or Cane? Most with risers.

I have a few, but beware, at $1100 for either CII's or ALK'ed Vert's, I'm not exactly in a hurry to sell them, and I'm not letting them go cheap or for a loss. I assure you I'm not selling them for a profit either. I rarely offer any of my stuff to anyone, but if YOU sir are interested, I have a pair for you.

• Moderators

Cool, I don't resemble that remark !

Try to hear a pair of lll's if you have a chance, It would be worth the trouble to find some to compare, I wish we were closer.

I am more and more impressed every time I listen to them. NO [bs].

Try to hear a pair of lll's if you have a chance, It would be worth the trouble to find some to compare, I wish we were closer.

I would LOVE to sample a pair of III's, and might likely buy a pair (New) if only they were offered with something OTHER than a black grill cloth. Yes, I'm that finicky. Maybe Trey, Amy ,or..... maybe even Michael (aka Klipsch's Newest Technical Advisor [:|]), might persuade the company to make a 1-off pair.... Hmmmmmm pretty please, say it's a maybe.... [:D].

When my VRD's arrive, it would be nice to test drive them on some III's.

DBL POST,, Geeez, what is it with this server?

At least it's working...... for now.

Gilbert - When are you getting those darned Coco'd VRDs anyway? And, are you getting anything fancy done to them internally?

DWI - Good luck! At least you are in the land of Klipsch-Plenty (TX).

• Moderators

Travis

I admit to being a cornwall glutant, and at current, have one more pair than I can use. I won't make it back down to Laredo, Texas until the Xmas holidays, so if you decided to go with one of mine and want them before the holidays, then shipping fee's will apply. Otherwise, I will deliver to your doorstep. Condition is unquestionably good, I don't buy garbage.

What flavor are you looking for, Oak, Cherry, WalNut? Cotton or Cane? Most with risers.

I have a few, but beware, at $1100 for either CII's or ALK'ed Vert's, I'm not exactly in a hurry to sell them, and I'm not letting them go cheap or for a loss. I assure you I'm not selling them for a profit either. I rarely offer any of my stuff to anyone, but if YOU sir are interested, I have a pair for you.

Gilbert,

That is really an incredibly kind offer and one that I will probably take you up on depending on how things sort out. I think I would probably drive up there and get them and maybe see Oldtimer and/or Seadogs set up or one of our other DFW friends on the way up or the way back. I am taking a look at the Cornwall III's that are on Audiogon that were damaged. He says that he just paid $2,700 for them, I didn't think William had them that high on the Audiogon ad, but maybe he did. He sent me two more photos closer up of the damage. He says you can't really see it because it is towards the back. When I blow up the photos you can see that the damage goes right into the MDF, and I don't think there is anyway to fix these. We are still $400 apart, but if I know that I have a nice pair available up in Broken Arrow I think I would stand a bit firmer and see what happens with him. If I end up getting CW's from you and really enjoying them, I can order a pair of CW III's and use a pair for rears. Your offer really leaves a lot of options open for me, the best of which is that I know that I don't have to jump on these beater CW3's.

My preference would be Cherry or Walnut, I have never been a big fan of cane, I know that risers are supposed to really improve the sound, and I have never heard the difference between the Vert and Horz. cornwall so I would need to do a little homework to try and determine what is what.

Gilbert,

Thanks again for your offer, I really appreciate you willing to part with a set.

Travis

post-15134-13819326119992_thumb.jpg

I would LOVE to sample a pair of III's, and might likely buy a pair (New) if only they were offered with something OTHER than a black grill cloth. Yes, I'm that finicky. Maybe Trey, Amy ,or..... maybe even Michael (aka Klipsch's Newest Technical Advisor [:|]), might persuade the company to make a 1-off pair.... Hmmmmmm pretty please, say it's a maybe.... [:D].

When my VRD's arrive, it would be nice to test drive them on some III's.

I just sweep the floors man.

• Moderators

Gosh - that only looks to be what? An 8th of an inch?

One looks like it is almost an inch long, but very narrow ... almost lke a scrape. The other looks like it is was smashed but it is very small. Looks like the MDF underneath was damaged in a bigger area. I can't really tell.

Travis

DBL POST,, Geeez, what is it with this server?

At least it's working...... for now.

Gilbert - When are you getting those darned Coco'd VRDs anyway? And, are you getting anything fancy done to them internally?

DWI - Good luck! At least you are in the land of Klipsch-Plenty (TX).

Mua' do something fancy to the inside..... heheheheh!.... just you wait. I'll let Craig do the talking. But right now, and once again, we're waiting to hear from a supplier. Should be very very soon though, and to coin a phrase, you might say they've been pimped- out, both inside and out.

Travis,

That ding doesn't look to bad, but man!, That's gotta hurt. What a shame. Good Luck, and you are welcome here anytime.

DWI,

Have you offered something for the III's? I might want them, but I sure would like to know what claims were arranged for the damage. Those speakers were listed on A-gon for $2600. Now he may have paid $2700 with shipping and all, but that's without the damage. Wonder what the insides look like? Send me a PM..I could drive to NC and pick 'em up..

BS

• Moderators

DWI,

Have you offered something for the III's? I might want them, but I sure would like to know what claims were arranged for the damage. Those speakers were listed on A-gon for $2600. Now he may have paid $2700 with shipping and all, but that's without the damage. Wonder what the insides look like? Send me a PM..I could drive to NC and pick 'em up..

BS

You have a pm, send me your email so I can give you the whole scoop

Travis:

I am selling a pair of Cornwalls in Dallas, here's the scoop. These are vintage 1976 units that I pulled the drivers from (including the metal horn mid, K33 woofer and original tweeters) and put into brand NEW CNC cut and built walnut oil cabinets. They are accurately black laquered front and back, have original grilles with the pie slice logo, and the veneer is hand rubbed walnut.

These also include my "k-stack" networks replete with tasty Solen and Kimber caps, Bob Crites autoformers, Jantzen and Madisound inductors, and fresh wiring/terminal cups. They sound very, very nice.

BUT WAIT there's more - you get the ORIGINAL cabinets (rough but intact, walhut oil with S/N labels and early unmodified networks). I do not care what you do with the old cabs, but you can have them.

I will not swap the components back to the old cabinets, and I will only sell them WITH the new networks, IN the new cabinets. Write me at munsonjulie@sbcglobal.net for more details and price, hey, I might even be inclined to take a road trip and drop them off!

Since I blew the living %$&^* out of my hearing in January, and now live with the scourge of constant, annoying tinnitus every day, I have no use for them, so someone needs to love these. Thanks!

Chris Munson

Dallas

" Since I blew the living %$&^* out of my hearing in January, and now live with the scourge of constant, annoying tinnitus every day, I have no use for them, so someone needs to love these. Thanks!"

I normally have a mild case of  tinnitus.  About a year ago, the tinnitus got worse.  Intrestingly, after about 9 months, it reverted back to it's prior level.

I am aware of only 2 high noise events between the time it was a mild case, and the time it got worse.  The first was a company party, that had me seated near the band, and they were playing super loud.  Raised speakers at my ears height.  The second was when I was working on my new deck.  All my shop tools are in my garage which has 10 inch cement walls, and a thick cement slab.  In my shop I always use both inner ear protection and outer worn muffs.  It's been 15 months since the party, and 11 months since the construction work.  

In any even, don't give you your speakers for what may be a tempoary condition......assuming the noise factors have been removed from your environment.

I've pretty much given up on the premise it will go away. The left ear was damaged years ago by loud car stereo, and this event took it over into permanent damage. My right ear also sustained some damage, though tinnitus is not a problem. You can't possibly explain what it is like to have a constant, grainy, annoying sound in your ear. In fact, at night it acts like a "noise blocker" - since I hear nothing through it.

I could not be more unhappy. Music was a BIG part of my life; now living in silence seems to be the only relief.

Chris