Emotiva DMC-1 pre-amp impressions

dexter

Ouch, looks like a little house cleaning is in order as well as some capable camera batteries that don't die out on me after a few uses. I am still waiting for my confirmation on the MMC-1 which should ship today. Here is how the transaction has gone so far and shame on me for not being better prepared....

DMC-1 ordered
I call Emotivia to change the ship to address to my work. Change implemented

In transit I cancel the DMC-1...$25.00 UPS charge and order the MMC-1 late yesterday.

While laying in bed last night I realized the shipping adress is going to me at my company address without mention of the name of my company which is probably a big no no with UPS.

I e-mail Cathy late last night to have her change the ship to adress again. I am thinking to myself why am I making something so simple so difficult.

While at it I remembered a $50.00 discount for orders that are paid by check. I don't recall discussing that with Cathy the 2nd go around and assume that I will be paying the full amount plus $25.00 cancellation fee. I sent her another e-mail kindly requesting that discount with full payment by check.

I contact UPS today and ask them about shipping to a business with my name and not my company name. I was told that the change would have to be made at the distribution center in my area which might carry another fee.

Today I wait for confirmation on my order. If anything I just hope the shipping works itself out.

Jon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

James,

The manufacturer of the home theatre seating is Lane and the series is "Hollywood". Excellent chairs...Ergonomically perfect for playing video games, music, & movies. These chairs seemed to give a better bang for the buck compared to other chairs I demoed.

James,

The manufacturer of the home theatre seating is Lane and the series is "Hollywood". Excellent chairs...Ergonomically perfect for playing video games, music, & movies. These chairs seemed to give a better bang for the buck compared to other chairs I demoed.

Well, between you and jetjockey, you shamed me into finding more information on the EMO equipment. I went to one Secrets of Home Theater, who I trust implicity for such information and they gave the MPS1 raving reviews. I also took a look at the test results and they too are very impressive. Even better than the Sunfire test results, which I was considering. The price is also EXTREMELY attractive.

I guess I may have to reconsider. I do like the current vs. voltage option on the Sunfire. Wish I could audition them both side by side.

I wish I had never seen this thread. Sunfire[*-)]MPS1

Hi James, will let you all know how I like the DMC1, I am expecting big things from this unit.

What amp did you get?

Chris...

ps..my DMC1 is in Niagra Falls at the UPS store but its snowing/freezing rain here and I have to drive an hour and a half each way..hmmm..think I will wait till Wed.

This Emotiva gear you guys are using seems like some pretty nice stuff. I read a little about it a few months ago but just now realized what the price, specs, and looks are all about.

...............very nice for the price.

Hi Pat, thank you! If the DMC1 is anything like the MPS1 it will be amazing. That amp has changed my whole sound stage completely. I had Poncho Sanchez playing which is very percussion oriented latin jazz..very well recorded too I might add and the sound of the guys pounding on the congas , bongos, Djembe's etc was just incredible, my room sounds like it is 10' wider than it is, the soundstage opened up that much.

Chris

Hey james, that LPA1 is only $499 new and free delivery!..from all accounts it is a real bargain, Dan at Emotiva (President), yes you can actually talk to the owner of the company told me that its power at 125 wpc is WAY under rated and apparently sounds simply stunning.

Chris

Hiya Westcott, hows things?

If you want to hear the Emo stuff, they have a 30 day money back warranty and have no problems with it being returned, however, they would of course prefer you keep it but Dan told me that they are that confident in there products they are happy to offer this service.

I can attest to there amp so far....friggin awesome.

Chris

This Emotiva gear you guys are using seems like some pretty nice stuff. I read a little about it a few months ago but just now realized what the price, specs, and looks are all about.

...............very nice for the price.

Hi Pat, thank you! If the DMC1 is anything like the MPS1 it will be amazing. That amp has changed my whole sound stage completely. I had Poncho Sanchez playing which is very percussion oriented latin jazz..very well recorded too I might add and the sound of the guys pounding on the congas , bongos, Djembe's etc was just incredible, my room sounds like it is 10' wider than it is, the soundstage opened up that much.

Chris

...We just discovered a Pancho Sanchez CD a few weeks ago......................his music is very good and the disc is in heavy rotation with a few others.

Maybe some day when it's time to upgrade I'll give Emo a whirl.....

Hiya Westcott, hows things?

If you want to hear the Emo stuff, they have a 30 day money back warranty and have no problems with it being returned, however, they would of course prefer you keep it but Dan told me that they are that confident in there products they are happy to offer this service.

I can attest to there amp so far....friggin awesome.

Chris

No wonder they are so good and popular. It is basicaly a Carver\Sunfire and a Sherbourn in a different package and built in China. This decision is getting easier by the minute. Now, if I can find a place for it that the wife won't notice [;)]

The ZZTop concert last night was a bit of a dissapointment but the tickets were free and my wife and I got to spend some quality time together. Reliant Statium is not a venue a rock concert should be played in.

I am glad you love your Emotiva. Do you have the 100w modules? Have they come out yet?

Here is the Secrets of Home Theater review.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_1/emotiva-dmc1-ssp-mps1-amp-3-2006-part-1.html

The lab results are truly impressive for a digital rail tracking amp, or any amp for that matter.

Hi there, too bad to hear ZZ sucked, loved those guys.

I have the 200 watt modules but I believe the 100's are available now or very shortly. I have 5 channels right now and may go with two 100 watt modules later which will give me 9 channels[:D] so i can use the "side-axis" which apparently are just super cool.

You are correct, the Emo amps are Sunfire Grand IV platforms and improved by Emo. The president of Emo also has part ownership of the factory in China which is why their build quality is so high, he is over in China all the time.

Hope you can slip it by the wife..[;)]

Well, I started the ball rolling. I tried to find info at AV123, only to find out that Emotiva went direct and AV123 is no longer selling them.

A google search did not locate their site. Really weird but www.emotiva.com will do the trick.

I called Emotiva to get a quote on the MPS-1 in five channel configuration and the breakdown is $339 for the Chassis and $199 per 200 watt module. Total = US$1339.00 and free shipping for 5 channel model.

Thanks again for everyones input.

Hi James, will let you all know how I like the DMC1, I am expecting big things from this unit.

What amp did you get?

Chris...

ps..my DMC1 is in Niagra Falls at the UPS store but its snowing/freezing rain here and I have to drive an hour and a half each way..hmmm..think I will wait till Wed.

Chris,

I just upgraded my Outlaw 7100 for the Outlaw 750. Both were used and the improvement was unreal from 100 wpc to 165 wpc.

I'll keep an eye out for your write up.

James