Has anyone gotten a professional ISF Calibration?

PoppaPump

I was thinking about having it done to my SXRD but I've already tweaked it a lot with the Avia disc and was wondering how major a difference an ISF Calibration would do. I've heard that some people could see a night and day difference, so would it just depend on the set?

The ISF people will have access to more codes and tweeks than you will probbably ever understand even with the avia discs...

I got outstanding results with the Avia disc downstairs... DLP Infocus 7210.

I think this was more of a issue with CRT tubes, CRT based projectors..

I have a now "older" CRT - rear projection Mitsubishi TV. I thought it looked good out of the box, but had a professional calibration. This guy drove over from Ohio ( i live in Indianapolis) and spent about 11 hrs straight calibrating the death out of all the connections. He wasn't even going to take a break - and I had to make him a sandwich and set it in front of him to get him to eat. My point is that the people that do this are very much into it (ie. perfectionists). I could tell a big difference in the before and after. I had it way too bright. Black levels were way better and color more true. It took on an almost 3-d quality to the picture, that had been missing before. I think it cost about $200 or so, and I felt it was worth every penny. I tried the AVIA and other set-up tools, but didn't really know what I was doing. They have additional test patterns and codes for most TV's. Make sure whoever does it for you is familiar with your make and model of set. I would likely do it again, with a new set.

Very cool, and reassuring at that. Not sure if anyone is familiar with them but I think I'm gonna go with a guy from the lionav site. They seem to have a lot of positive feedback from customers. But yeah, I'm pretty excited about getting it done, so I'll let you guys know how it turns out! Thanks again for the help.