klipsch horn speakers

mrj

I like the comment someone made that the Klipshorns are at the 95%tile. That's just about exactly where they are. With good recordings, they sound more like live music than any in their (new) approx $7,500/pair price range. There are other speakers that are more gentle and forgiving of bad recordings.

As to Home Theatre, I have used Klipshorns to run zillions of movies, and all those made in the 1950s and after, if the DVD people bothered to look for a print with a good stereo magnetic soundtrack, sound good, sometimes awesomely great! Old optical soundtracks sound O.K.; they are what they are.

Ajsons if u rent a truck and drive to cali to pick them up id give em to ya for 50.00 bucks LOL. Its only a few 1000 miles. I thought iwanted to sell them but after hearing all your replies i'm seriously debating. Thanks for all the info.

• Moderators

Ajsons if u rent a truck and drive to cali to pick them up id give em to ya for 50.00 bucks LOL. Its only a few 1000 miles. I thought iwanted to sell them but after hearing all your replies i'm seriously debating. Thanks for all the info.

MRJ,

You do whatever you are comfortable with, but you are getting some great honest advice. There are several people on here how have had to sell their Klipschhorns because of downsizing, moving , etc. If there is no other option then you can sell them on here fast and with very little hassle. However, if there is a possibility of keeping them those folks are correct, you do want to keep them, because you can build a killer system around them.

What is the size of the room that you want to try to use them in and do you have two good corners to put them in on the same wall? There are ways to even get around not having a corner. We just don't want you to make a mistake you might regret, and come back and say you had a 15 x 20 room with 10' ceilings and two perfect corners on the long wall, because you will have made a hugh mistake. On the other hand they are not apartment type speakers either.

Which ever way you decide you can get plenty of help here, and like I say, if you give us the size of the room you think you would use them you will get a lot of feedback as to what the options are.

Travis

I bought my KHorns brand new in 1983..upgrading from 2 pair of Heresys. I didn't have the corners (or room) for KHorns. What to do??

I bought a house FOR them! Then I had a music room built especially for them, as the house was too confined! (and I couldn't play them late into the night)

Like others, I tweak, and change equipment..but the KHorns will be staying. I suggest you get them stuffed in a corner and listen more!

As for looking for a house..whenever I visit someone, the first thing I think is..hmmm..where would KHorns go??

Find a house to match your speakers! You won't regret it.

Steve