What would you have done?

schwock5

So I've had the RF-35, RC-35, and RS-35 for almost 2 years now. I've been living in an apartment, so I never really could have a subwoofer. So far, I have loved my setup, and been running them from a Denon 3805, and using the Denon 3910 DVD player.

Recently, since I guess the new Klipsch line is out and the old reference line is discontinued, I came acorss a pair of Brand new, Unopened, fully 5 year warrantied, from an authorized brick and mortar dealer, Cherry RF-7s for $1100 for the pair, no tax, no shipping.

Without thinking, I pulled the trigger.

Was I wrong?

I'm also thinking of using mr RF-35s as my surrounds now, and putting my RS-35s as my rear surrounds.

(By the way, now I'm in full force looking for a deal on a black RC-7, and then maybe using my old RC-35 as my rear center channel flanked by the RS-35s.)

Also a side note question, How come the pictures of Cherry Klipsch speakers are always that nice dark looking cherry online, but the actual speakers are a very lighter cherry, almost between the dark cherry online and the maple. I saw a pair of RF7's in a store a long time ago that were that darker cherry, but now when I see them they are much lighter, like my RF-35s.

Well, let's see what we have here.

Brand new Klipsch loudspeakers: Check.

Great price: Check.

No tax or shipping: Check.

Warranty from authorized retailer: Check.

I can't really see any problems, except you're talking to us instead of drifting away on the music coming out of your new speaks! Stop worrying so much and enjoy!

I'm not worried at all. To get a top of the line brand new reference speaker for 50% off that I could never have afforded before, I'm as happy as can be!

My roomate looked at them and then my RF 35's and said "Wow, those RF-35s were small, our neighbors are gonna hate us!"

My reply - "No my friend, they will love us."

Does anyone know what a good going price for a new RC-7 is?

I see stores unloading them on ebay for $599, but that still seems expensive.

I have a store near me that is selling black floor models in mint condition for $396. That seems a little better to me.

Also, how do the new RC62 and RC 64 stand up against the RC7, whould looking into those be a better idea, more so the RC 62 as the price is more in line with what i'm looking to spend.

Thanks Guys

I live right in central square in Cambridge, work in Downtown crossing next to Samual Adam's grave.

I'm not second guessing myself, I figured the price wouldn't be getting any better for brand new. I bought my RF-35 package right out of college, no way I could afford a flagship series.

There's no way I can afford RF 83s now either, getting the RF 7s is like a dream right now.

I'm calling the other place today to get the floor model RC 7 for $396, I think they have 2 others if anyone's interested. Free shipping from authorized dealer, Not sure about warranty, but i'll find out.

Harvard Square is where harvard is. Right between is central square.

I grew up in Jersey a Yankee Fan, came to Boston and went to Boston University, Lived across the street from Fenway park, kinda tough not to grab a quick bleacher seat for $15 and not beocme a fan.

I'm a hockey boy though, go BU TERRIERS! and BC SUCKS!

I was never a big fan of NY, maybe one day i'll end up there, but for now boston is my home, I just go to Jersey for the holidays to see my family.

are you talking about the duct tours in Boston? i know they have them in Arkansas, Hot springs to be exact. i haven't gone on one yet, but i really want too. they look very fun, the only problem is people are now scared because one sank a few years ago and everyone died. (the one that sank was in Arkansas).

not to make fun of that sad situation, but i couldn't figure out how everyone drowned, the entire vehicle is open? i still ask this question today, it makes no sense to me.

So I've had the RF-35, RC-35, and RS-35 for almost 2 years now. I've been living in an apartment, so I never really could have a subwoofer. So far, I have loved my setup, and been running them from a Denon 3805, and using the Denon 3910 DVD player.

Recently, since I guess the new Klipsch line is out and the old reference line is discontinued, I came acorss a pair of Brand new, Unopened, fully 5 year warrantied, from an authorized brick and mortar dealer, Cherry RF-7s for $1100 for the pair, no tax, no shipping.

Without thinking, I pulled the trigger.

Was I wrong?

I'm also thinking of using mr RF-35s as my surrounds now, and putting my RS-35s as my rear surrounds.

(By the way, now I'm in full force looking for a deal on a black RC-7, and then maybe using my old RC-35 as my rear center channel flanked by the RS-35s.)

Also a side note question, How come the pictures of Cherry Klipsch speakers are always that nice dark looking cherry online, but the actual speakers are a very lighter cherry, almost between the dark cherry online and the maple. I saw a pair of RF7's in a store a long time ago that were that darker cherry, but now when I see them they are much lighter, like my RF-35s.

You did the right thing. Awesome deal.

I suggest using your RS35s for side surround duty and your RF35s for rear surrounds. As much as I hate to quote THX specs, this is their recommended setup. I moved my RF3 IIs to the back when I got my 7s and used my RS7s as side surrounds and it sounds great that way.