All Along The Watchtower

thebes

Thebes, did you by chance attend post-graduate school with the late Timothy Leary?

Still, after 3 re-reads, I'm still pondering..................pass me a beer please so as to better interpret these latent secrets exposed by Thebes.

In other words, I'm fricked lost! [:D]

Simple my friend, allegory and conflict, one predicated on nuanced intelligence, the latter on what some claim is the natural order amongst humanity. While the barbarians may be at the gates, civilization will always exert it's tenuous hold. Web who defend it know quite well the price of failure. Raised in modest circumstance at the empire's core, I could have become an artificer, perhaps a pedagogue, mayhap anvoluptuary. I dabbled in politics but it was not my chosen path, rapidly overwhelmed by the rot at the core, I instead walked the path of the warrior.

It was not happenstance that brought me to a lonely rampart far from the enchantments and diversions that subsume our nobles. Should we succeed this day we may re-construct the core, push away the long dark night, reclaim the best of our empire and scatter our foes.

Sit with me awhile my friend. There's some brick-oven baked Italian bread, a generous slice of aged cheddar to be washed down a frothy wheat-beer. Soon Sir Mick will dispose our forces. Join me under our cohorts banner, "The Shades of Gray" legion. The preliminaries are almost done. We will lock shields and march forward into history or oblivion.

It matters not.

What a statement from the celestial philosopher Thebes..........not sure what it all means, but it sure does flow smoothly. Gotta remember, despite being college-educated, I'm still just an Eastern Shore Country boy whose roots don't travel too far from the soil.

Hell, I gotta break out a dictionary just to spell BOB. This sorta reminds me of my English teacher from HS days........I'd ramble on and on with jargon and catch phrases and all I got was "Needs to be concise and brief w/o being flowery"

Tres bon my friend........"Let it flow""

Dave Mason