crappy receiver = crappy sound?

I just went to denon.com, and looked at that receiver. Looks like a lot of receiver for the asking price. I think you done good picking this one.

Yeah, I have some pretty high hopes for it. My babies need to be treated right, haha. But I'll definitely put up something when I get the Denon shipped here and hooked up to let you guys know how everything sounds.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get some great deals on refur'b items
can't you? MSRP of $499.99 and you got it for $214.95. Not
bad!

It seems like I'm just getting pretty lucky. I
was only on the forum a week before I found the RF-35s, RS-7s, and RC-7
for $900. Now with this Denon, and my set-up pretty much complete for
only $1160, I'd be willing to bet most people will agree I'm not doing too bad, haha.

After laying in bed for the last 30 minutes, intoxicated and unable to fall asleep due to fantasizing about an mps-1 and a fathom, I decided to find a thread to comment on, and landed here....

Once again, congratulations keith, I'm proud of you. BTW, you didn't let everyone know we picked up the speakers from a crazy old guy in a retirement center, with that entire setup in a 10x10 room. I think he should have kept his k-horns for that place. :) Imagine the receptionist' expression if he had those carried in..... I'll be back in town on the 27th to hear the denon

Go to a Bose store and check out what you can get for $1160. Try not to laugh out loud in front of the salesperson if you can help it. [;)]

Judging by what I've seen in sale ads, I can spend $1500 on some Bose shit, then fit it all in the box of one RF-35.

And I'm glad that I made you happy Alex. Maybe by the twenty-seventh I'll have everything set up with the Denon to where it sounds amazing...but with the drumset, it doesn't seem like an easy task to acheive best speaker placement and distance, haha.