Cornwalls For Sale in Milwaukee

tidmack

I wish I lived closer --- I have been looking for Cornwalls.

I'm in the metro Wash.DC area - Northern VA, just outside DC.

If someone could pick these up for me, I'd pay a fee for purchase and housing these, until logistics/shipping is worked out.

I emailed Craig Uthus who built my amp and his personal speakers are 1978 Cornwalls, so I'm excited about this. What do you all think of the Electro Voice EVM-15L woofer "upgrade"? I have no experience with Cornwall's so I'll have no way of knowing if it's really better or not.

Well it took all of 60 seconds to decide to buy these. They are in very good condition and they are now connected to my Moth amp and making sweet music. The worst part was the drive home in a blinding snow storm which took 3 hours when it should have been half that. We very nearly ended up in the ditch on the ramp from I43 to route 12 as we slid momentarily out of control on ice, my only thought being that if we roll these speakers will be toast. It was worth it though, my amp is much happier driving these than the Dahlquist DQM-9's I was using.

SPECIAL THANKS to tidmack for linking the sale on this forum. I never would have found them. If you're ever in the area I owe you a brew!

Ken

Ken,

I'm glad things worked out! Larry's a good guy and I knew whoever got 'em would be happy. Does Larry still have those monster JBL's in his living room? I'm not sure of the model, but those things gave K-horns a run for their money!

Jeff

Yes, Larry does still have the monster JBL's though I didn't get to hear them. We were anxious to get home since the weather was turning ugly. He told me he has been selling off a lot of speakers and is down to about 50 pair! He's got some nice vintage gear sitting around. He is a seriously nice guy and it would be fun to hang out at his place and check out all the hi-fi history. I just sent him an email to see if he has any american NOS 2A3 tubes - I can't imagine he wouldn't.

I emailed Craig Uthus who built my amp and his personal speakers are 1978 Cornwalls, so I'm excited about this. What do you all think of the Electro Voice EVM-15L woofer "upgrade"? I have no experience with Cornwall's so I'll have no way of knowing if it's really better or not.

I put some EVM-15L's in my CW's when I first bought them and was getting new woofers. I thought they sounded great at the time. I'd be interested how the T/S specs would play out on the EVM vs the K33. Doc, Anyone?

Those EVM's are some great PA or bass guitar speakers so I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them.

Congrats on your Cornwalls and Welcome to the Madness!